fiesta fuel filler rust - Chuffer Dandridge
I'm looking to buy a MK3 fiesta. I've seen one that checks out, except for the rust around the fuel filler, which I know is a common problem on these cars. What options are there for repairing for this. I have read that a new panel is required, but can't help thinking that for such a common problem on a very popular car someone ought to have come up with a simpler solution.
fiesta fuel filler rust - Civic8
Sorry but as on fuel side I would replace the filler pipe.I have no doubt someone will say the opposite.But it is not worth the risk.some repairs can be as bad as the original leak ie can cause an explosion.I don`t think it is worth it.just my thought`s?
fiesta fuel filler rust - Sooty Tailpipes
Do you mean the bodywork around the fuel filler?
I seem to recall seeing this as though spilled fuel makes the paint porous.
All you can really do is grind it down with an angle grinder, treat the metal and fill and repaint / have it sprayed using two pack paint.
fiesta fuel filler rust - Chuffer Dandridge
I do mean the bodywork. It commonly rusts in the area immeadeatly adjacent to the filler cap on these cars.
fiesta fuel filler rust - Civic8
Sorry alan I miss read it.But as it is so close to filler cap
would not recommend grinding as any spark may finish off the motor and do serious harm to you.you can get rust destroyers I say that because the chemicals used seal the rust so you can fill any holes rub down then spray.
fiesta fuel filler rust - jamesflint

Also have a Fiesta with rust around the fuel filler cap - found a company on ebay that sells "rust screening rings" for this very problem and also does them for Ka's and Puma's which also suffer from exactly the same problem.

They are inexpensive, self-adhesive and take no time at all to fit and once sprayed with a standard aerosol to match your paintwork look really good in comparison with the bubbling paint or rusty holes.

fiesta fuel filler rust - madf

Son had Mark 3 Fiesta with rust all on panel. Filled and repainted it every year for three years. Still dodgy but NOT an MOT fail when the engine died of abuse and prior neglect.. (It was CHEAP)