VW Mk2 Golf - Uneven Front Tyre Wear - andrew4
I have a VW MK2 Golf 1300.

The front passenger side tyre is wearing more on the outside compared to the inside.

I do not believe that this wheel is unbalanced as a different wheel that was used previously on the front passenger side also had the same problem - tyre wearing more on the side.

Is there a specific reason for this? or could there be a number of reasons?

For information, the car has always pulled slighty to the right whilst driving.
VW Mk2 Golf - Uneven Front Tyre Wear - Dynamic Dave
Is there a specific reason for this?

Yes. More than likely the tracking is out of alignment. ie, the nearside wheel is toe-ing in, thus not pointing straight ahead when the offside one is.
VW Mk2 Golf - Uneven Front Tyre Wear - hm
TRACKING!!!!!

take it in and get it fixed, should cost anything from £10 to £30 depends where you go.

When you do take it in ensure that when they do the tracking they set the steering wheel back to straight and not just adjust one side.

laters

H
VW Mk2 Golf - Uneven Front Tyre Wear - Peter D
You need to get the camber and castor checked as a simple tracking error normally cuases both tyres to wear. However if you live in Milton Keynes its due to the number of round abouts you keep tearing round thus the nearside tyre getting all the abuse. Regards Peter
VW Mk2 Golf - Uneven Front Tyre Wear - Sooty Tailpipes
Tracking is the relationship between both wheels, so would not cause wear of one, just a crooked steering wheel. and wear on both.

It may just be going round roundabouts too fast! or caster/camber.
VW Mk2 Golf - Uneven Front Tyre Wear - SlidingPillar
Actually can be tracking, sort of.

If the track rod arms are a different length, yet the appears right, the action over bumps etc differs from side to side. Usually only happens when the car has been anjusted several times, and the steering wheel replaced to centre.

Asuming everything is the right length out of the factory, tracking should be done by adjusting both sides equally. Therefore the steering stays right.

I'm not familiar with the suspension on one of those, but bush failure on the suspension or another geometry fault could do it.

VW Mk2 Golf - Uneven Front Tyre Wear - Dynamic Dave
Tracking is the relationship between both wheels, so would not cause
wear of one, just a crooked steering wheel. and wear on
both.

Whenever the tracking has been out on any of the cars I've previously owned, it's always only one tyre that wears unevenly.
VW Mk2 Golf - Uneven Front Tyre Wear - Civic8
It can be a case of the person that adjusted the Tracking before
overdid one side.In your case the n/s.track rods should unless wear rates on both tyres are different to extreme as yours is.
Should always be adjusted evenly.Ie one side say given half a turn then the other side adjusted the same.Sometimes one side is turned a little bit more than the other.so causing that problem.And it isn`t uncommon