Which car? - sanj2010
I am in the process of looking for a replacement car and need your help!

I have about £4-£6k to spend, but need something large (saloon or estate) which is cheap to run (as I average 25,000 miles a year). I have been thinking about either a diesel or LPG converted car, but would like some advice about what makes/models I should be looking at!

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

Sanj2010
Which car? - OldPeculiar
Well I picked up my Ford Focus estate 1.8TD (T reg) last autumn for £5K and haven't had any problems with it. It runs well, handles well and has plenty of space. I know some people don't like them but I reckon thats because their snobs ;)
Which car? - Blurred
OK so criteria are large and cheap to run.
Looking at 2nd hand but under 5 years (a simple way to filter for reliability, I know older cars are reliable but want to limit the suggestions)

Suggestions
Get a lot for the money for a large citroen estate like a C5. Might be able to get a diesel for the money.
Otherwise what about an Omega big and cheap, the diesel engine is a BMW unit.
Vectra estate is a reasonable workhorse with the diesel engine, should be able to get a good one for the money you have.

I\'m sure every man and his dog will recommend Mondeos, pick them up at auction for buttons and flog it into the ground with a good AA policy.
Which car? - Imagos
Otherwise what about an Omega big and cheap, the diesel engine
is a BMW unit.
Vectra estate is a reasonable workhorse with the diesel engine>>

I wouldn't, see the car by car breakdown for these two, bad eggs..