Car insurance groups - Stargazer {P}
One for the FAQ I think.

I was trying to find out the insurance groups for several cars, tried C-by-C breakdown, HJs FAQ and the various manufacturers websites without any luck. Then did a google for 'car insurance groups' which yielded lots of info.

These are set by the ABI for UK cars and they have a very useful
search engine for finding the insurance groups of current model cars. I wanted to do some research about possible cars to replace the volvo including the likely change in insurance costs.

www.abi.org.uk/carinsurance/search.asp

hope that somebody finds this useful, perhaps HJ will add this to the FAQ

Ian
Car insurance groups - helicopter
Maybe you could pass this information to lady in the 'call centre' of my insurers who insisted that my Civic was of a different group ( 4 higher )to the one which I had been originally quoted by them when looking around for the car.

Luckily I kept a record of the time and date and who I spoke to.

I asked to speak to the Supervisor and said that as all their conversations were recorded they could check out what had been said.They came back and apologised.

However your average insurance employee presses button and does not question what the computer pumps out. Beware!

Car insurance groups - Hawesy1982
I use www.parkers.co.uk to find insurance groups of various cars (insurance group being a major issue at 21), it's very good and easy to use, bar the occasional strange anomalie