alarm/immobiliser problem - BeeBee
Hello,

The alarm/immobiliser on my Renault Clio has decided to declare war on me. Without any provocation at all, the alarm decided to sound today (while the car was parked in the drive). It was driven earlier in the day and was fine. How rude.

I couldn't turn the alarm off with either keyfob. I had to disconnect the battery to silence it. Then, after reconnecting the battery, the immobiliser wouldn't deactivate, so now the car won't start... :-(

I also noticed a clicking relay noise... a bit like the relay sound that you hear when the indicators are operating, but this was much faster... it has since stopped.

Anyone have any ideas? Or do I have to bite the bullet and have Renault fix it?

-bb

Edited by Pugugly on 09/04/2008 at 22:05

Renault Clio alarm/immobiliser problem - 30+ahhhh
Go to a garage, this sounds to technical to be messed about with.
Renault Clio alarm/immobiliser problem - edisdead {P}
A few ideas for you in this thread on dodgy Renault immobilisers:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=18744&...f

Good luck,

Ed.
Renault Clio alarm/immobiliser problem - dod377
Have you tried checking the relays? You will find a black plastic cover to the right of your battery which holds the main fuses. You will notice 3 black and 1 brown relay. Remove the black one at a time and check for corrosion on them. If there is any, try to scrape the contacts and give a little spray with WD40. Sometimes these can get get dirty and cause faults. This may not be the answer, but worth giving it a shot. Is your car turning over but just not starting? If this is the case try wiggling your wires to the TDC (crankshaft) sensor when getting someone to try turning the car over for you. Thiss might also help. Good luck and hope it gets sorted
SNIPQUOTE

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 17/03/2008 at 18:54

Renault Clio alarm/immobiliser problem - adverse camber
I rather think that if he hasn't sorted it since 2004 then its beyond help.

What is it with people reviving threads from years ago?
Renault Clio alarm/immobiliser problem - Screwloose
dod377

It doesn't help to dredge up four-year-old threads - they've quite likely got them fixed by now....

Edit:

Snap!

Edited by Screwloose on 17/03/2008 at 15:54

Renault Clio alarm/immobiliser problem - muzza989
if they did manage to solve the problem how?? because my clio now does the same thing????

Renault Clio alarm/immobiliser problem - raingod

thanks for dredging up this thread from years ago as I now have the same issue

what is it with people moaning about dredging up old requests