Buying from Broadspeed?? - NeilT
Having nearly ordered through Ukcarbroker.com, I noticed Broadspeed could knock another few hundred pounds off a Mondeo TDCi Ghia X Estate with the 10 or so factory options I wanted (comes aout at £19,043 (24% discount) against Ford list £24,925).
I sent the pre-order and waited 24hrs for the phone call for them to take the £150 admin fee. I then called them, and was told that the Mondeos are in stock. When I pointed out that I had quite a few factory orders they sai it would take 8 - 10 weeks which was what I expected, plus I wanted a March delivery anyway.

Anyway, as the conversation went on they said they have a back log of 300 orders from the Xmas holiday and that I'd hear within 5 days, with a quote. When I asked if the quote would be the same as what I have effectively ordered they said it should be but might not cos it will be a factory order!!!!

Has anyone had any experience of ordering a factory order car through them?? I feel that if they give you an online quote with all the factory options itemsed that that should be the price you pay, similar to if I ordered a car through the dealer.

I will have to wait till Monday earliest now to see if the price will change, but feel they'll probably come back and want extra money, which will mean I can't afford the model I want!!! In which case I'll probably just order a Primera 2.2 dCi T-spec Estate.

Neil T
SEAT Leon TDi 150, Toledo 20VT Sport, Various Montegos...
Buying from ?? - pmh
A very good friend ordered an import Focus thro ********** and he paid a significant deposit against a promised delivery date.

To sum up the outcome I can only say on here that he never got the car, return of the deposit was a difficult long term affair and that he would not use them again at any price!

I cannot get him to post directly since he is on a long holiday in Oz.

Best of luck

ps I hope this remains within the name and shame guidelines, other wise delete.

pmh (was peter)
Buying from ?? - NeilT
Hmmm, well, having looked again, buy the time i've paid the £150 booking fee I might as well go to UK Car Broker.com, although they charge full price for the options, the car has bigger discount so is only £37 dearer, and from what i've heard they are pretty good....

Cheers, shame guidelines or not, it's helped me out!!!

Neil T
Buying from ?? - GrumpyOldGit
Neil, have a quick look at www.trade-sales.co.uk
Buying from ?? - NeilT
Cheers, unfortunatly (as they are only 5 mins from my place of work) they only have one Ghia X Estate in stock and it's pre used (10k miles) for £16,000, I can get a new one for £16,400. The other problem is that the options I either want (xenon lamps, park assit, sunroof, ESP) are need (detachable tow bar) are very rarely fitted to pre-ordered cars.

Neil T
Extras - pmh
Neil

Jumping to conclusions but.....

Towbar = caravan-foreign holidays?

and

HID headlights - is it practical to self adjust on the Mondeo or is it a dealer change only?

Be warned Trade Sales do not always supply the extras as promised! The Focus eventually was sorced from there and came without the promised ABS!

pmh (was peter)
Extras - NeilT
No Caravan, but a race car....... As for the Xenon's, adjustment is better than some, and as my brother-in-law is a Ford mechanic, zero cost :-)

Neil T
Buying from Broadspeed?? - chilcatcher
Hi Neil,

Try www.new-car-discount.com our family has bought 4 cars off them and they won\'t mess you about, I have looked on their site and they do Mondeo.

Hope this helps.
Buying from Broadspeed?? - PAJ
I imported a new Alfa 156 from Ireland via Broadspeed about 3 years. Although I was happy with the price and with the car, Broadspeed's actual "service" left something to be desired. They were difficult to contact and needed to be chased about everything to do with the vehicle import (including ensuring the order was placed correctly, chasing up progress, getting all the documentation complete ready for delivery etc etc). I was parting with £15000 to an Irish dealer I'd never seen, and this already stressful situation was made worse by Broadspeed in my view. AND when my beautiful Italian bella eventually did arrive, it was at 5:30pm instead of the promised 10am. Consequently, because it was winter, I couldn't properly inspect the car until the following morning (although the morning brought good news; the car was immaculate). In hindsight, I'd suggest going to Motorpoint or Trade Sales where you can actually see the car you're buying, and drive off with it there and then. I'll be doing this myself next time even if it costs an extra £500.
Buying from Broadspeed?? - DavidHM
I'm not going to criticise Broadspeed from a position where I know nothing about them, and they are a long established company, if not necessarily as importers.

However, they are importers, not brokers, and to save anything less than a grand (and probably more than a car at this price) I think you'd have to be barking to consider importing a car, given the potential resale, servicing and warranty issues - even if it is backed up by a third party warranty.

www.newregcars.co.uk and www.motorprovider.co.uk may be able to beat UKCB if you're very tight on price.

And finally, Neil, have you seen the new Mercury Montego in the USA?
Buying from Broadspeed?? - DavidHM
Not quite finally...

... there is the possibility of currency fluctuations and the possibility, depending on how the UK broker transaction is structured, of having an extra layer of communication between you and the person supplying the car.

Not worth it for any saving in three figures IMO.
Buying from Broadspeed?? - Irfan

Got a much better deal through newvehiclediscounts.com. I compared with broadspeed and got an extra 300 off.