Wet Footwells - Mondeo - Ian71
I have a Mondeo Ghia estate, one of the last old shape versions (2000-X).

I lifted the floor mat on the drivers side of the car to discover that the carpet is saturated. It only appears to be the footwell that is affected; there is no sign of water or damp on the sides of the footwell. The passenger side is completely dry. The car has air conditioning (which is on virtually all of the time), and it does leave the usual pools of water under the car after it has been used.

Does anybody have any idea what could be causing the footwell to become so wet? Is it likely to be an expensive air-con fault?

your help would be appreciated...

many thanks
Ian
Wet Footwells - Mondeo - Dynamic Dave
Is the pollen filter cover securely fitted?
Although you get pools of water under the car, are the drain tubes partially blocked?
Wet Footwells - Mondeo - Keith S
Something to do with the polen filter not being fitted correctly I believe.

The polen filter is under the plastic grill between the windscreen and bonnet.
Wet Footwells - Mondeo - Marcos{P}
Have a look at my reply to this post, it\'s probably a very similair layout to the Mondeo.
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=4&t=18...2

Hope this link works. DD I might need help. {Seems ok to me. DD}
Wet Footwells - Mondeo - AR-CoolC
Its sort of similar, the problem with the Mondeo's is that the housing that the pollen filter sits in will get knocked when replacing the filters causing a gap between the housing and the bulkhead, this then allows water to pass by into the cabbin. The problem with the Focus is that when the filter is replaced at servise time half of the scuttle panel needs to be removed, but this is sealed down to the screen with a butyl tape, this must be replaced correctly otherwise water runs onto the filter and eventually into the car.
No dought now that I own a Focus I will be making some very sarcastic comments to the local dealer service department when it goes in for service for my offers to train the technitians in the correct way to remove and replace the cover. I have previously made comments that I am willing to train them on how to remove Mondeo scuttles without damageing the plastic with the corners of the bonnet.
Wet Footwells - Mondeo - Dude - {P}

"I will be making some very sarcastic comments to the local dealer service department"

Glass-tech. - be on your guard, you might get some sarcastic comments about your spelling !! - 4 errors in one thread.

cabbin should read cabin
dought " " doubt
technitians " technicians
damageing " " damaging
Wet Footwells - Mondeo - AR-CoolC
Thats why I ended up repairing cars rather than writing about them. Oh but hang on now I do write about them.

All hail spell checker.

Wet Footwells - Mondeo - Stargazer {P}
Ian,

What's going on...I havent owned a Ford in years (see profile)

Ian L.