Rewiring Hazard lights on Clio 172 - dgz
Hi,

I have an X reg., imported Renault Clio Sport 172. Currently the hazard warning lights only work with the ignition on. To pass it\'s MOT it needs to be rewired so the hazard lights are connected to the battery instead.

How long should this take a competent auto electrician? Also, where would the wiring diagram be located? Is it in the engine bay anywhere or the car manual? (I haven\'t had time to check).
Also does anyone have any idea of cost?

Thanks,
Ross
Rewiring Hazard lights on Clio 172 - Ben79
Leave it and see if they notice....
Rewiring Hazard lights on Clio 172 - Malcolm_L
You'll be lucky to find a wiring diagram anywhere except a
workshop manual.

Shouldn't be too difficult a job - as long as you provide a live (fused) feed to the indicator relay.
These normally have two relays - one for left, one for right and a common feed to activate both.
Normally very easy to locate due to the noise - little work with a multimeter should identify the correct feed.

Rewiring Hazard lights on Clio 172 - Peter D
Nasty !! I think this is a function of the Multi Function Timer which is a pig to work with as it also contains the Immobiliser code. However having said that all countires have the requirement for ingition ogg Hazards so I think you have just lost the hazard warning fuse. Check very carefully or you are going to get a large bill £120 +vat +£35 to reprogramme the MFT.

Regards

Peter
Rewiring Hazard lights on Clio 172 - Civic8
Should not need a rewire if it don`t work.something wrong.best get a manual.if fuse has blown.it may not be in fuse box.poss seperate fuse or fuses as mentioned before.maybe using backfeed from ignition through another circuit to operate has been known