406 remote locking - Davy_S {P}
Hi all, wonder if anyone could help me.
I have recently bought a 1996 Peugeot 406 1.9dt. The remote doesn't work but central locking does, heard it would cost around £200 to fix. I have a Sparkrite alarm with central locking interface which I will fit to get remote working thru alarm, What I want to know is could this be used to operate immobilliser automatically as with original (peugeot) remote?

Thanx in advance

Davy
406 remote locking - Civic8
Assuming remote locking works from a solid wire to the door release.yes you should be able to.If the remote locking switch is built into the lock as in a micro switch can still be done but needs wiring diagram to do it.the immobiliser I think is buit into ECU so when you activate central locking immobiliser is activated as well.Correct me if I`m wrong?
Thanks for replying, I think I'll need to get my hands on a Haynes manual before attempting anything.

Sorry it took so long to reply, PC problems as well (that's one thing fixed thats on my list of to do's)
406 remote locking - DL
I think you will struggle on this one.

My advice is to bite the bullet and get the factory system fixed, it'll be the easiest and most hassle-free way out of it.

--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....
I'm going to try and get to dealer shortly and find out exactly what is needed & cost.

The alarm I was thinking of using is lying in the house, never did get round to fitting it to last car and thought I might be able to put it to use.

I'll post an update when I find out more.

Davy S.

Oops, where did that screw go!!
406 remote locking - Cyd
Don't know about the 406 in particular, but on many cars now the engine immobiliser only works from the remote and not from the key lock. Check this with your dealer.
406 remote locking - DL
The 406's immobiliser operates from either the remote or the numeric (Pain in the backside....) keypad, depending upon how the system has been setup.

--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....