Non highway car insurance - weatherwitch
One of the replies in the Fuming thread has got me curious. It was about the car being hit by one of the buses in the companies car park.

I rent a cottage on a massive private estate and it's 1.5 miles to the public highway so it is all private land.

If another car was to hit mine how would the insurance stand since it is all privately owned property rather than a public highway or public parking? There are working farm vehicles around, staff vehicles, the landlords own cars and the peasants cars (ie tenants :D ) Am I properly insured or could there be a problem if something happened?
Non highway car insurance - Dwight Van Driver
With respect young Sir,whilst you will get admirable advice/comment from the very knowledgeable that frequent this site but at the end of the day you have no contract with them. It is with your Insurance Company that you will resolve your query as to what exactly the state of your cover and exclusions.

I would be finding out if I were you.

DVD
Non highway car insurance - weatherwitch
hmmm thanks DVD for the 'young' bit :D Not quite so sure about the 'Sir' bit though since I'm a 30 year old female LOL

I'll ask my insurers since it's got me curious. It does bring a whole new meaning to the 'off road parking' question though when they ask where you normally leave your vehicle :D
Non highway car insurance - HisHonour {P}
I suspect that if you read the very small print in your policy document it will not say anywhere that your car is insured only upon the public highway. If this is so then I think you will be covered - but it might be wise to check - someone somewhre will find an off highway exclusion in their policy.
Non highway car insurance - Dwight Van Driver
Madam, Mrs, Miss, Ms ???? I do most humbly apologise.

My gender identification problem which you identify started in the 1950's patrolling Bugis Street/Orchard Road, Singapore with the RAP Police and meeting what I now know are called Ladyboys.
Later, watching a concert on TV by k.d.Lang, who for weeks after I thought was a male. Of late, a certain blonde with pony tail, diamond earstud, nail varnish, sarong, handbag and thong, that kicks a football.Confusing what to an old geezer like me.Sufficient to say I stroked SWMBO on the chin last night and felt no stubble. Phew.

Box of Black Magic and single rose on the Cyber table for you.

DVD
Non highway car insurance - HisHonour {P}
k.d.lang is a girl?
Non highway car insurance - Hugo {P}
k.d.lang is a girl?

Don't worry HH!

Anyone ever seen Jumping Jack Flash?

It was about a third of the way through that film when I realised the character played by Whoopie Goldburg was a WOMAN!

Hugo

"Forever indebted to experience of others"