Omega Diesel Engine Cutout Problem - Mr Brown
I have been suffering with my 2.5td 1997 omega since i bought it two years ago, the problem is generally when changing up gear the engine will not rev and sits at tick over, even when flooring the accelerator, the engine management light flashes on then for about 1 second or so then power returns and all is well, This is very annoying. It can also happen when travelling along in a gear if you back off the gas and back on again, I have noticed it is far worse in winter and the rain. Has anyone got any ideas or suffered with the problem and had it fixed, I don\'t want to go down the route of replacing all the parts like pump, ecu sensor this and that in the hope it might fix it.
Thanks in advance
PB
Omega Diesel Engine Cutout Problem - Sooty Tailpipes
Dunno, but mines, the same (1997/8 model), I thought it was cured late spring,, but now the mornings are getting cooler it is starting again. Mine is an auto, and when I try and pull away, occasionally there is virtually no power, and people get annoyed on roundabouts etc..., I have to lift off and reapply the throttle and whooosh!
I have had no ECU lights *yet*

I think the problem is the pedal sensor, as its fly by wire., and seems as though the tracks are worn and doesn't register, especially when cold.

I hope to get a new sensor within a month (waiting for some money I'm expecting) but it needs doing before it causes an accident!

email me if you likein a few weeks ro see if Ive done it
krustycola@yahoo.com
Well, mine is doing it all the time now, and ECU light is on all the time.

The dealer has diagnosed

TC81 Injector on/off sensor open (this is injector no.5 which has a sensor built-in unlike the other 5)

TC37 Incorrect Brake signal from brake switch (not present)

Will get these sorted ASAP and see if the power loss happens again.
Omega Diesel Engine Cutout Problem - Mr Brown
good luck with the repairs, hope you get it all fixed.
My still is not right, one thing though is that after a long run 100 + miles it drives like a dream.
I replaced the injector with built-in sensor (£64 exchange) and brake pedal sensor (£15) and the light has extinguished, and so far, no loss of power *touch wood*
Omega Diesel Engine Cutout Problem - kildrum
I replaced the injector with built-in sensor (£64 exchange) and brake
pedal sensor (£15) and the light has extinguished, and so far,
no loss of power *touch wood*

Hi

Can you tell me where you can purchase a replacement injector for the omega 2.5 Td. Mine is leaking diesel at the sensor on the injector itself!!

Cheers