Volvoxc60 - Warranty - KURT ANDERSON
I took possession of my brand new xc60. Got it home and noticed a very slight flaw in the stitching on the leather dashboard.
I’ve highlighted to the dealer who passed it to there warranty department.
Volvo uk want to inspect it via a dealer in order to establish what has caused it.
Call me sceptical but I think they think I have caused it .
Does anyone have thoughts on the matter on how to handle the situation.
Volvoxc60 - Warranty - badbusdriver

Who do you think caused it?, the dealer?, if so, why?.

As for how to handle it, I don't really see any other way of handling it than the course you are taking. It is a new car, it is under warranty, so leave it with them and don't take it back till you are satisfied with it.

Volvoxc60 - Warranty - SLO76
Of course they want to inspect it. Let them do so then see what they say. I’ll wager that they’ll fix it unless it’s glaringly obvious that someone has damaged it.
Volvoxc60 - Warranty - elekie&a/c doctor

If Volvo decide there is a flaw in the stitching and the only remedy is a new dash, then i'm not so sure i would want my new car taken apart ,only to be left with possibly more damage and extra rattles and squeaks.

Volvoxc60 - Warranty - Ian D
Take some good photos before it goes I again, you never know what prodding they may do then blame on you, not saying I don’t trust main dealers....,

Edited by Ian D on 20/06/2021 at 20:20

Volvoxc60 - Warranty - barney100

Leather repairers can do a brilliant job, my old clk had loads of stitching done and you would never have known. What do you mean by flaw? uneven, coming apart?