MG TF - space saver wheels - peter fryer

Looking to buy an MG TF which all have space saver spare wheel, have they been covered in RTA/ construction and use legislation i.e. are they legal?

Secondly I hate them they look as safe as a chocolate teapot in a foundry, I want a proper spare wheel. Problem the TF has different width tyres front(195) and back(215) plus the tyres are directional meaning four spare wheels.

Can I have one spare wheel 195 tyre to match the more important front end that can run in either direction, paint it black and add a 50mph sticker to mimic a space saver.

Does anyone have any idea of the legalities involved

MG TF - space saver wheels - RT

There was a time when space savers were illegal in the UK but few if any drivers were prosecuted - the law was changed to make them legal in emergency use.

I see nothing wrong with you plan as long as it's only used in emergencies.

MG TF - space saver wheels - elekie&a/c doctor
I’ve previously owned an MG tf . Can’t say I was actually concerned about the space saver , never used it . It’s legal and correct for the car . I would be more worried about the correct spec and make of tyres fitted , which is critical for the nimble handling of the car . If you’re serious about purchasing one of these , there are far more important issues to check . Also join the MG owners club.