DVLA ADVISING OF CHANGE OF ADDRESS - FoxyJukebox

In a previous post I expressed alarm at the tedious amount of time it took to complete this simple task-but I eventually sent an on line submission with all the details DVLA required.

I quickly received a response and a notification that I could track the progress of my application and the on line advice was that everything had been noted and my new post code was accepted etc.

Will I get a new plastic licence ? I would have thought yes since the one i currently have has my old address details on it.....

if yes--then it is some weeks now since I made the application and my experience of DVLA is they are quite quick at sending replacements?

I ain't got nothing so far tho'...wonder why? how can I check if one was sent and "lost"?

DVLA ADVISING OF CHANGE OF ADDRESS - Falkirk Bairn

www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence

you need your driving licence number & NI number - easy peasy

DVLA ADVISING OF CHANGE OF ADDRESS - _

Give them a break!

DVLA are in a 1970's block on the outskirts of swansea where there is very little chance of reasonable social distacing, and have had a high percentage of covid positives and necessary isolation.

They have a dated computer IT system that is not compatible with working on unencrypted laptops at a distance. Youngrovergirl has to go into the hospital here to do telephone consultations because of the cost of encrypted laptops, so cannot work from home for some clinics. PPE is still mask, gloves and plastic apron.

DVLA don't have the gloves and aprons..

I did my 70 yrs of age driving licence application online and could track it as it happened. Overall got it in 4 weeks and that was including the medical declaration that I had a transient loss of consiousness (fainted and taken to hospital) 28 years ago, which showed on their records and I had to declare.

Track your application here

motoring.dvla.gov.uk/service/DvoConsumer.portal?_n...e

Edited by _ORB_ on 29/04/2021 at 16:29

DVLA ADVISING OF CHANGE OF ADDRESS - RT

Because of Covid restrictions, DVLA are prioritising their workload -I have a 1 year medically-restricted licence which expired in early Feb 2021 - my application went in in November 2020 and I received a letter giving me authority under RTA section 88 to continue driving while my application is considered and I have no idea when DVL:A will get back to working normally nor when their backlog will be cleared.

We all just need to be patient.

DVLA ADVISING OF CHANGE OF ADDRESS - markNEScotland

It appears DVLA are in a serious predicament, but I understand the delays.

I applied for an over 70 license in February, before my birthday in April. I completed all the forms D2 and D4, as I needed to preserve my towing weights for our caravan; and everything posted recorded delivery.

The problem now is that you cannot communicate with DVLA by any means, and get a meaningful reply. It appears that they have a problem with my medical info, but I can't find out what the problem is. Emails arrive just quoting the number to phone, but this is never answered regardless of time of day.

Is my license still valid to drive as I can't see any info on licenses expiring in 2021? Has any extension been granted this year?

Hopefully I will receive a similar letter to RT.

DVLA ADVISING OF CHANGE OF ADDRESS - Andrew-T

Will I get a new plastic licence ? I would have thought yes since the one i currently have has my old address details on it.....

if yes--then it is some weeks now since I made the application and my experience of DVLA is they are quite quick at sending replacements?

I applied to renew my (over-70) licence online on April 27th - new card licence arrived in post yesterday May 1st. CAn't be much quicker IMHO. But change of address may need different interventions ?

DVLA ADVISING OF CHANGE OF ADDRESS - Will deBeast

Don't forget to change the address of the car's V5 also.

I know a few people who updated the address on their driving licence but forgot to do their car. They're separate registers.

Daft that nobody in Swansea made the IT connection of driving licences and car ownership.

Edited by Dogfuzz on 03/05/2021 at 14:00

Daft that nobody in Swansea made the IT connection of driving licences and car ownership.

The connection isn't necessarily there !

DVLA ADVISING OF CHANGE OF ADDRESS - madf

None with half UK car sales.

(company cars)

Sorry to post for the third time on the same topic-but this one carries a warning.

I decided to help my wife out with her change of licence address and was halfway through the process when we detected there might be something wrong-sure enough it was NOT the DVLA site we were on but one which looked totally genuine till you about to submit all the info provided when you were then linked to a credit card info page which said that once your card had been "certified" , £79 would be deducted. Cheeky!!!!

Googled again and safely found the genuine DVLA site but ALSO spotted another site which also claimed to be able to provide assistance with driving licence info -presumably for a fee.

I wonder if DVLA know of these "services" which if i may say so, look like they might well be taken to be scams?

Am happy to provide the names of these dodgy sites if i am allowed--meanwhile YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

I wonder if DVLA know of these "services" which if i may say so, look like they might well be taken to be scams?

I am sure most govt departments are aware of the many 'clone' websites that can trap the unwary. It is probably difficult for them to keep up with the supply. Most banks have lookalikes too. Every web user should never lose sight of this possibility.

DVLA ADVISING OF CHANGE OF ADDRESS - Gibbo_Wirral

Yes, its been known for years:

DVLA warns customers to stay safe online
www.gov.uk/government/news/dvla-warns-customers-to...e

DVLA rip-off warning: Sites that charge customers for free services are 'within the law'

www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/1195674/dvla-web...k