noisy xm - Andy Bairsto
I had a noise coming from the front of my xm and thought it was the wheel bearings on the way out ,so of I trotted to my local xm man who took the car for a test drive then into the workshop.He returned with a clum look and I thought expensive.Cost zero the fault was the large split pins were rattlingon the bearing caps.Its a good job he is honest.
Re: noisy xm - Jonathan
I think I would look glum if i was the "local xm man".

:-)

Jonathan
Glum XM man - John Slaughter
Why should he be glum - surely business is booming if the reports on XM 'reliability' are to be believed.

Cheers

John
Re: Glum XM man - Andy Bairsto
I have had 3 x xm s and they have given far less bother than my DB and my BMWs
XM man - David Woollard
Andy,

I'm really glad you have had good service from your XM's. However you should see the XM section of the Citroen Car Club magazine some months. People tearing their hair out all over.

Best seem to be the later TDs.

David
Re: Glum XM man - Gregory
My parents are looking to replace our ageing Peugeot 505 estate with something a bit newer, and more economical. We still need a large estate car, though, and one of the cars that we have considered is the Citroen XM estate. I know that this has high depreciation, but since we will be buying a used car, that does not matter. However, I have heard rumours about its reliability. Are these rumours justified, or are they the product of fears of its unusual suspension? One report I read seemed to think that there was no problem with the complex suspension, but others disagree. What does anyone think? Is the same true of the Citroen Xantia? I would be grateful for any information on these cars.