Hyundai i30 - Spare Korea - Grease_monkey

Been around a few dealers and got quotes for rear Lambda sensor if I can't get the faulty sensor replaced by dealer who sold me the car. (See previous thread for details) I'm astonished how expensive Lambda sensor is, and the rear sensor is dealer only part. Putting the part number into a search engine brings up options and one website it brought up was Spare Korea. This is sourcing the part from Korea and shipping it to the UK which is significantly cheaper even if I've got to pay some import charges. Anyone any experience of Spare Korea, it seems legitimate but thought worth asking on here first.

Hyundai i30 - Spare Korea - elekie&a/c doctor
Lambda sensors are very sensitive devices , so their specifications are critical. Buying from Korea could be a gamble, what if it doesn’t work ? How much is the part from the dealer?

The part from the dealer is £290, Spare Korea $64.13 excluding shipping. Massive difference. Payment can be made with PayPal which surely adds further protection if there is a issue with the transaction. 50% of me thinks this is to good to be true and then the other 50% thinks well this is England and dealers do put massive mark ups on there parts possible more so if its a dealer only part and cant be brought 3rd party from the likes of ECP

Edited by Grease_monkey on 06/04/2021 at 15:49

Hyundai i30 - Spare Korea - Rerepo

Just had a look on Trustpilot. There are a lot of 5 star reviews posted in the last week or so. Nearly all from 'customers' who have only even posted one review! Looks highly suspect....

Hyundai i30 - Spare Korea - _

I have got fed up with problems with stuff sent from the far east.

If it doesn't work, you have to return it at your cost, losing your import duties and shipping costs.

Then there is the refund to wait and wait.....

Hyundai i30 - Spare Korea - aethelwulf

Have you tried a KIA alternative. The parts are often interchangeable. I have a Piccanto 1 and have used Kia Parts Direct who have sold me reliable stuff. They are in the UK . Try them to see if a KIA part would fit. My rear wheel hubs were the same a I10.

Hyundai i30 - Spare Korea - Galad

The Kia CEED is almost identical to the i30, same interior and same engines. I assume that the parts are interchangeable.

Thanks for the tip of trying Kia Parts Direct, unfortunately the part I need I couldn't find on there site even with putting the part number in. I wouldn't have thought they would be significantly cheaper than Hyundai. EDIT Since I originally wrote this message i've phoned 2 KIA dealers and the price is £206 inc VAT. £80odd cheaper than Hyundai.

So Update, I searched online not just this country but other countries on forums using google translate. What I discovered didn't really scare me so I took a punt and ordered the sensor from SpareKorea. The item has been dispatched and tracking with UPS. The sensor will hopefully be with me Tuesday 13th. This gamble will either pay off and I will have saved a small fortune or it wont. Costs involved it was gamble I was willing to take.

If people are interested that the right part turned up I will update when it arrives.

Edited by Grease_monkey on 08/04/2021 at 12:45

Some updates to conclude this post.

The sensor was ordered late Wednesday (7th April) was dispatched on the 8th April and was delivered to me on Monday (12th April) all the way from Seoul, South Korea. The sensor was in a Hyundai/Mobis box and in a foil/plastic wrapping with Hyundai/Mobis hologram. The sensor has been fitted today and (touching wood) everything seems okay. All in from Spare Korea with shipping £67.22, £289.79 from Hyundai dealer in the UK. Saved myself a small fortune.

Hyundai i30 - Spare Korea - _

And Thank you for coming back to tell us.

Hyundai i30 - Spare Korea - Metropolis.
Excellent, I think we can all commit this to the memory bank, in case we or someone else needs a korean dealer only part!