Skoda Octavia vRS Manual 2.0 TSI 245bhp - Cash vs Finance - BPL

Just did a quote from a broker online - all great then I realise right at the end of the mind numbing process that I have to pay £1500 extra for cash & can't avail of the service package etc. Surely this is illegal? Whats more they want £35 or so to provide a quote after the online visible one. Is there a comparison site out there? I just fancied a last petrol head gasp before e-hell arrives

Skoda Octavia vRS Manual 2.0 TSI 245bhp - Cash vs Finance - badbusdriver

I just fancied a last petrol head gasp before e-hell arrives

No idea about the specific question re the extra charges, but you do realise ICE cars are not going to be banned from 2030?. You just won't be able to buy a new one.

I'm sure at some point they will ban ICE cars completely (though maybe classic/historic cars doing minimal miles will be exempt), but I can't see that happening for at least another 5 years after, probably nearer 10.

I just fancied a last petrol head gasp before e-hell arrives

No idea about the specific question re the extra charges, but you do realise ICE cars are not going to be banned from 2030?. You just won't be able to buy a new one.

I'm sure at some point they will ban ICE cars completely (though maybe classic/historic cars doing minimal miles will be exempt), but I can't see that happening for at least another 5 years after, probably nearer 10.

Yes I realise ICE cars arent being banned. We did take part in a previous thread of mine ref best petrol head cars to buy before the new ban 2030. Any more suggestions welcome.

Skoda Octavia vRS Manual 2.0 TSI 245bhp - Cash vs Finance - ExA35Owner

It's not illegal. They are offering you a deal which you can accept or decline. You can seek a deal with other people, and you can choose to accept or decline that deal, too. Do some shopping on other broker sites -and at your local Skoda dealer(s) who may well choose to undercut the online deal.

Skoda Octavia vRS Manual 2.0 TSI 245bhp - Cash vs Finance - Maxime.

Just did a quote from a broker online - all great then I realise right at the end of the mind numbing process that I have to pay £1500 extra for cash & can't avail of the service package etc. Surely this is illegal?

Do what others here do, take the finance contribution , give it a week and pay the finance off.

Just did a quote from a broker online - all great then I realise right at the end of the mind numbing process that I have to pay £1500 extra for cash & can't avail of the service package etc. Surely this is illegal?

Do what others here do, take the finance contribution , give it a week and pay the finance off.

Thanks for this info. Is there a charge for early repayment and can I avoid the interest payments doing this? Sounds right up my street to do this.

Skoda Octavia vRS Manual 2.0 TSI 245bhp - Cash vs Finance - Maxime.

In the finance quote there should be something,

Hubby "owed" £8675 after deposit, manufactuere contribution and dealer discount and when he paid it off with hyundai capital finance it cost £1.50 ish a day in penalties, that was it, but check the offer before. They have to tell you. that was a PCP by the way.

Skoda Octavia vRS Manual 2.0 TSI 245bhp - Cash vs Finance - Senexdriver

Being part of the VAG group, Skoda finance will almost certainly allow you to pay off the finance within 14 days of delivery. Each brand within the group has its own finance, but in reality they are all VW finance in different clothes. In any case, there is a statutory 14 day cooling off period for PCP deals, so you can always hang your hat on that.

If there is a dealer or manufacturer contribution (or both) for PCP finance, then take full advantage. We bought my wife’s Audi that way and saved £3500 over and above the already discounted cash price.

Skoda Octavia vRS Manual 2.0 TSI 245bhp - Cash vs Finance - barney100

That's the way to do it, cash earns no interest now so the finance interest (unless they offered zero %) is saved, happy days.