Is there extremely reliable used car under 10k gbp - bladest

Is there extremely reliable used car under 10k gbp, i want to have distronic,

the things i want - i dont want car to be stolen so audi,bmw ,mercedess are automatically removed,

hybrid cars are also stolen a lot if not whole car catalytic convertor... lambdas everything,..

my other concern is Car to have great or extremely good rust protection,

and i would love to have at least distronic so automatic cruise control i love manual gearbox,

since automatic gear box are slugish but if there isnt any other option i would accept it also i dont think i will be able to pay for more than 200hp taxes fuel consumption so its very limited options,

about diesel vs petrol dillemma

i dont know if there is a decent , recent diesel which can last forever compared to old ones so i do think petrol is more reliable..

i am tired of being in shops all the time with my 2 old honda accords,

made in the uk always problems and always no on can solve them even autorized services...

Reliability and automatic cruise control a.k.a distronic are must. also good rust protection as well since my old honda cars rusted extremely badly..

Also car needs to be at least 9 seconds or less from 0 -60 miles the quicker the better.

but not more than 9,

at 10 or more seconds cars became very slow for me to me.

Edited by bladest on 29/11/2020 at 23:01

Is there extremely reliable used car under 10k gbp - Avant

We're hampered by not knowing what you mean by 'distronic'.

I'd thought you meant automatic but for this sentence:

"and i would love to have at least distronic so automatic cruise control i love manual gearbox.,"

If you tell us what you have in mind there will be people who will try to help. When advising on used car purchases, we generally favour Japanese or Korean cars which are petrol-powered: more recent ones don't rust as badly as older ones like your Accord.

Is there extremely reliable used car under 10k gbp - catsdad

bladest this is the latest of several threads you have started on similar lines over the last year. Many of us gave you our advice previously. Why are you asking again?

Is there extremely reliable used car under 10k gbp - elekie&a/c doctor
Looks like an annual event . The same questions asked last December. Along with another load of implausible posts along the way.
Is there extremely reliable used car under 10k gbp - Trilogy.

Avant, regarding distronic a google search found me this. media.daimler.com/marsMediaSite/en/instance/ko/DIS...8

Thank - Trilogy.

He means adaptive cruise control, which may be quite hard to find on cars costing less than £10,000.

yes adaptice cruise control

i dont care petrol/hybrid or

diesel as long as it doesnt rust and its extremely reliable,

so far i had bad luck with my accords so i want to change that please advice me well.

I dont like mercedess because they are expensive to buy

expensive to repair

and everything is so expensive i never owned mercedess but let me give u an example today i bought heater fan for my 30 years old accord it costed me 3gbp

working in great shape and order i heard horror stories newer cars can cost 1000-2000gbp or more depends on the car and model same fan,

Is there extremely reliable used car under 10k gbp - madf

So if Distronic is a must and the OP says it is, he wants to buy a Mercedes.

Distronic - means automatic cruise control its keeps distance between you and car in front of you, accord is long time discontinued for the europe .

Is there extremely reliable used car under 10k gbp - RT

Is there extremely reliable used car under 10k gbp, i want to have distronic,

the things i want - i dont want car to be stolen so audi,bmw ,mercedess are automatically removed,

hybrid cars are also stolen a lot if not whole car catalytic convertor... lambdas everything,..

my other concern is Car to have great or extremely good rust protection,

and i would love to have at least distronic so automatic cruise control i love manual gearbox,

since automatic gear box are slugish but if there isnt any other option i would accept it also i dont think i will be able to pay for more than 200hp taxes fuel consumption so its very limited options,

about diesel vs petrol dillemma

i dont know if there is a decent , recent diesel which can last forever compared to old ones so i do think petrol is more reliable..

i am tired of being in shops all the time with my 2 old honda accords,

made in the uk always problems and always no on can solve them even autorized services...

Reliability and automatic cruise control a.k.a distronic are must. also good rust protection as well since my old honda cars rusted extremely badly..

Also car needs to be at least 9 seconds or less from 0 -60 miles the quicker the better.

but not more than 9,

at 10 or more seconds cars became very slow for me to me.

You have so many conflicting requirements that no car can possibly meet your requirements.

Google is a good way of searching information on the internet.

Is there extremely reliable used car under 10k gbp - Andrew-T

<< You have so many conflicting requirements that no car can possibly meet your requirements. >>

It's just not worth trying to make sense of a ramble like this, it's another wind-up really.

my priorities have changed thats why i opend this topic now, please advice me on cars with auto cruise control.

acc a.k.a distronic

Is there extremely reliable used car under 10k gbp - pd

Buy a £8k car and stick £2k in the bank to cover unbudgeted repairs. No car is 100% reliable if you use them and all need maintenance.

For some reason a lot of the smaller Volvos ended up with radar cruise - maybe have a look at the V40/S60 etc. Also some more recent Golfs.

Edited by pd on 01/12/2020 at 14:12

Hi ,can you clarify which volvos, i mean automatic gearbox, manual gearbox , petrol,diesel hybrid they are too many options ?

some specific engines which are more reliable than others and how reliable are these volvos ?

Is there extremely reliable used car under 10k gbp - pd

You can spot radar cruise by a square plastic bit on the front grill on a Volvo.

You won't get a hybrid for that price. 2.0 litre diesel will do you. As I said, pay £8k and put £2k in the bank in case. Job done.

Edited by pd on 01/12/2020 at 16:24

Are you sure 0 - 60 figure is really important? I'd rather have good overtaking urge. Suggest a Subaru Outback.

Arent subaru with these boxer engines very hard to repair and most people are not familiar with them,,

i dont know anything about diesel volvo - who made these engines , which one should i have d3 or less or more ?

Are these diesels made by Renault or someone else ?

Like Ford or someone, are they with timing chain or,i found 1 decent volvo but its 200,000miles and last service oil change was done into 30,000 miles 2 years interval which is not good only 1 service others were okey,

subaru i am not sure if they have ACC,

also i know they can rust badly subaru..

Of Course 0 -60 is very important car will be driven mostly on the highway...

Edited by bladest on 01/12/2020 at 21:59

car will be driven mostly on the highway...

What a surprise.

Is there extremely reliable used car under 10k gbp - edlithgow

car will be driven mostly on the highway...

What a surprise.

Americans seem to think highway is a synonym for freeway/ expressway (here in Taiwan) which means motorway (more or less)

You can't educate them. For example, they also think petrol is a gas.

And yet they walked on the moon. Handicaps can be overcome.

Edited by edlithgow on 02/12/2020 at 02:27

arent there any other models , i will give it a try tomorrow for this volvo s60 to see if its ok,

i am little bit afraid of the diesel 5 cylinder engine.

If your maximum budget is £10,000, I strongly suggest petrol rather than diesel. Older diesel engines are on average more likely to need expensive repairs, although of course any car purchase carries some risk.

As others have suggested, you won't get all your desired options: you'll need to assess your priorities, although you're right to put potential reliability at the top of the list. This is why many of us tend to suggest Japanese and petrol power - although a used petrol Volvo with FSH is well worth a look.

So can you tell me more brands engines and models.

Most japanese fit acc - distronic only in automatic gear box, and its very rare on petrol, for which cars i should look.

<< Americans seem to think highway is a synonym for freeway/ expressway (here in Taiwan) which means motorway (more or less). You can't educate them. For example, they also think petrol is a gas. >>

That's not my experience. Highway means any main road I think. But they certainly have a whole range of different terms for parts of automobiles.

Is there extremely reliable used car under 10k gbp - Ethan Edwards

Suzuki Vitara 1.4t the S version Auto 4wd.. 2016 on Has adaptive cruise control. O to 60 in 9.7seconds . Reliable , comfy 5yr corrosion warranty. Second hand its in your price range. 140bhp and a complete lack of attraction to thieves. It has the same tunable engine as the Suzuki Swift Sport.

Edited by Ethan Edwards on 07/12/2020 at 20:33

Is there extremely reliable used car under 10k gbp - edlithgow

<< Americans seem to think highway is a synonym for freeway/ expressway (here in Taiwan) which means motorway (more or less). You can't educate them. For example, they also think petrol is a gas. >>

That's not my experience. Highway means any main road I think. But they certainly have a whole range of different terms for parts of automobiles.

Sorry, should have said "many Americans", as in semi-literate ones. They also use "break" and "brake" interchangeably.

The gas thing, OTOH, is official.

<< The gas thing, OTOH, is official. >>

I don't think there is anything 'official' about that either, it's just a shortening of Gasoline. They also talk about Kerosene when they mean paraffin or aircraft fuel. And always remember the invitation to Eat and Get Gas, a common sight beside the freeway in the old days - maybe still is ?