Modified Cars and Social Identity: Research Invest - Aaran1

My name is Aaran, a modified car enthusiast studying at Coventry University. If you have spare time, it would be appreciated if you could participate in my research investigation of how the modified car represents social identity.

I have listed 15 questions below which should not take any longer than five minutes to complete.

If you would like to participate, please tick the blank box, to highlight your consent to be part of the study [ ]

Q1) What gender would are you?

Male [ ] Female [ ] Other [ ] Prefer not to say [ ]

Q2) Which age group do you fit under?

17-20 [ ] 21-24 [ ] 25-30 [ ] 31-40 [ ] 41-50 [ ] 51+ [ ]

Q3) Which of the following best describe you?

Full-time employed [ ] Part-time employed [ ] Not employed for pay [ ] Student[ ] Other [ ]

Q4) What social class would you recognise yourself as being?

Q5) What car do you drive (please state; make, model and year)?

Q6) What influenced you, to buy the current vehicle you own? (Note: you can pick more than one box if applicable)

Price [ ] Appearance [ ] Modifications potential [ ] Reliability [ ] Build quality [ ] Other [ ]

Q7) Do you believe social class can be identified through the type of car one owns?

Yes [ ] No [ ] Don’t know [ ]

Q8) Do you believe certain cars are associated with masculinity and certain cars associated with femininity?

Q9) Have you made any visual or performance modifications to your vehicle?

(If YES, please state what below, if NO skip to Q 11)

Q10) How do the modification made to your car, reflect your taste and personality?

Q11) Do modifications make a car more masculine?

Q12) Do you attend car meets? (If NO skip to Q15)

Yes [ ] No [ ]

Q13) Why do you attend car meets?

Q14) How has the car meet culture responded to Covid-19?

Q15) How do you feel about legal laws banning biofuel cars, and replacing them with electric cars, in the near future?

Modified Cars and Social Identity: Research Invest - Avant

Aaran - we're happy to have this sort of request on the forum, but I as moderator am the only one who can see your Email address.

You'll need to tell people how to respond to this.

Incidentally I'm not sure you'll get any helpful answers to Q4. Aren't we all middle-class nowadays? If anyone thinks they're other than that, they probably won't want to admit it!

Edited by Avant on 04/11/2020 at 16:51

Modified Cars and Social Identity: Research Invest - FP

Perhaps he wants us to copy and paste the message in a reply, and edit/fill it in.

Modified Cars and Social Identity: Research Invest - madf

I do not understand Q15

IS Biofuel what is added to fuel or does it refer to petrol/diesel cars?

Modified Cars and Social Identity: Research Invest - mss1tw

Q11) Do modifications make a car more masculine?

That depends on what my car is identifying as this week.

I would not wish to speak for Xir.