Astra GTC 2.0 CDTI 2013 - New (to me )Astra air-con issue - mikert

Hi forum,

Picked up my Astra just over a week ago, and last Friday (1 week of ownership) took the first decent spin in it, up the M4.

A few hours into the journey, the air-con stopped working, after pressing the button a number of times it wouldn't come back to life.

While pressing it, I pressed the button under it, air-recirc, and that came on, but wouldn't switch off!

So I was going up the M4 with no air con, with stale air recirculating, and a misted windscreen. I got it clear by using the fast demist button.

Ignition off & on cured it.

Happened again after an hour, and once again on the return journey to West Wales this morning.

Called in with my local indie, who plugged in his code reader (usually the first thing he does if he can't see a problem).

Under HVAC, there's a fault code which is stored, current and won't clear, it's B101E VIN Not programmed. Do you think this is the issue?

I got in touch with the dealer Friday night, and he reckons Vauxhalls are meant to do this? But he isn't aware yet it's been diagnosed with a scanner.

He also told me (have proof) that car has sat-nav, I know I should have checked on picking it up, but as he told me it did, I didn't think to check (60 miles from home). But I now know it doesn't, and I really could do with this.

Is this something I need to put up with, or should selling garage sort it?

Thanks for reading

Astra GTC 2.0 CDTI 2013 - New (to me )Astra air-con issue - elekie&a/c doctor
Vauxhalls are meant to do this . Don’t think so . That remark suggests he is fobbing you off , along with the description of car having nav , but doesn’t . The B “body system “ fault code suggests a software program error which may or may not relate to your fault . It could be that a second hand part has been fitted and not programmed correctly , if at all .
Astra GTC 2.0 CDTI 2013 - New (to me )Astra air-con issue - mikert

Thanks @elekie&a/c

When I contacted dealer on Friday, he said he'd contact me yesterday, Monday, but he didn't.

There's another minor fault which has transpired that I haven't told him about yet.

I still have a few more weeks before the 30 day reject period is up.

I need to decide whether I want to keep the car or not, It's a pity the shine has gone off it, as if not for the faults, I really like it.