HELP! Cost to Change part II - Jase
Hello Chaps,

I posted a similar plea a couple of weeks ago but it came to nothing because the dealer sold the car! Now its really happening and I'm finally test driving a Leon Cupra tomorrow.

Leon is an August 2001 'Y' Reg (pre-coils problems therefore I think??). 11000 miles, one owner, FSH, metallic silver. Dealer says its immaculate. We'll be seeing it "pre-valeted" because its only arriving at the garage tomorrow when the owner collects his new Cupra-R. Lucky him. I've got first look at it before he puts it on the forecourt.

I'm asking the same question. What should be my target cost to change?

Remember, Wrong Car is 1998 Ford Ka3 in metallic silver. 15K miles. Top Notch condition. Glasses trade in guide indicates £3.3K. Dealer has echoed this when indicating a part-ex via email.

I was thinking cost to change of Ka + £8K to include 12months road tax was about right?

Am I being weak?

Please help me.

How are birds supposed to know its a sanctuary?
Don't fail me now people..
How are birds supposed to know its a sanctuary?
HELP! Cost to Change part II - DavidHM
I'm not sure about this car being a pre-coil problem one, but aside from that I think £8k is if anything pessimistic from your point of view.

On the other hand, £3300 is a lot of money for a dealer to pay for your Ka even with its low mileage.

I reckon you should be looking at starting with an offer of £7200 and be willing to negotiate up, hopefully settling on £7500, maybe £7800 with £8000 if you really want this car from this dealer.
Thanks again DavidHM, I'll bear these figures in mind.

btw - Do you have any spare time after you've helped with virtually every query that gets posted on the backroom!:)
HELP! Cost to Change part II - Ben {P}
Why are you buying a car with this low milleage?
I don't want to hijack this thread and make it about me but the simple answer is that I'm a law student (LPC) and revising for my finals. I'm in front of the PC) from 9 to 9, I'm on here reading and making notes and as I'm staying at my parents' house for a week and food, cleaning and so on are provided for me. I've just got the BR open permanently in the background.

Typing at 80 wpm doesn't hurt either, and I will calm down soon.
HELP! Cost to Change part II - HF
(I hope it's ok to say it here, and apologies to the thread author, but the very best of luck in your finals, David.)
No apologies needed HF. Good luck DavidHM.

We bought the Cupra by the way. It was stunning. Not a mark on it and it had only arrived in the forecourt half an hour before we arrived so was untouched by the valeting team! I pick it up next Saturday morning. I can recommend Great Covert Seat near Southampton aswell.

Cheers All

But the big question is ... how much did you pay? If you don't mind sharing that is.
But the big question is ... how much did you pay?
If you don't mind sharing that is.

Its the big question isn't it!

We paid £8100 on top of the Ka. He spotted that we'd had the nearside door repaired on the Ka (not particularly well) and its nearly 5 yrs old now.

The "deal" included a new set of P6000 front tyres and transfer of our private number plate to the Leon. It already had flaps and a set of proper fitted mats so I couln't barter that! The fuel gauge said it had just under half a tank left in it. Remember it comes with the full Seat used car treatment and has warranty until August 2004.

I think we did OK. Not an A grade, but perhaps a B-? what do people think? Please be frank as the car was a stunner and I am happy.

HELP! Cost to Change part II - Tim
"I can recommend Great Covert Seat near Southampton aswell"
I would echo that. Their customer care has improved 100% over the past couple of years!