Skoda Fabia 2019 - Skoda fabia will not manually reset - Trevoralbert

The tyre pressure reset is not available in the dashboard screen system.The car has been back to the dealers under warranty 3 times,the dealer swapped out the unit with a salesman car and all worked.Dealer requested a new infotainment unit from Skoda but Skoda is asking dealer to try other things the latest is the ABS.It appears the unit cost £3000 and Skoda are trying to avoid replacing when this appears to be the solution.What would you do or has anybody for a similar problem.

Skoda Fabia 2019 - Skoda fabia will not manually reset - bathtub tom

Three failed attempts to correct a problem would, I believe, justify rejecting the vehicle.

That should concentrate their minds!

Skoda Fabia 2019 - Skoda fabia will not manually reset - Trevoralbert

Thanks for your thoughts,Skoda finally replaced the radio infotainment unit which cured all problems , dealership suspected this was the problem weeks ago but had to follow Skoda trial and error steps first.Well done to Skoda and dealership finally fixing under warranty.

Skoda Fabia 2019 - Skoda fabia will not manually reset - edlithgow

.Dealer requested a new infotainment unit from Skoda but Skoda is asking dealer to try other things the latest is the ABS.It appears the unit cost £3000 and Skoda are trying to avoid replacing when this appears to be the solution.

Many many years ago I remember reading about an early Burt Rutan home built aircraft design that used an interfaced laptop (I think an Apple Macbook) as its instrument panel.

That would provide all the electrickery one would ever need, would be potentially open-source, cheaply replacable / upgradable, and if it was reliable enough for the CAA it would be good enough for a car.

They wont do it of course, because it'd be potentially open-source, cheaply replacable / upgradable, and if it was reliable enough for the CAA it would be good enough for a car.

Edited by edlithgow on 02/09/2020 at 02:14