Kia Sportage - car insurance - _

Back in february when I got the registration number of the sportage, I called my insurance company to do the cgange of vehicle.

Till then, on asking I have not been charged an admin fee.

This time extra to pay was about £40.oo but I had been on a comparison website leading me to their website as a new customer and the premium for the new car was the same as my old car, so it was admin fee PLUS a sneaky price rise.

Objected and was told, cancel the policy online, and take out a new policy online and we refund the balance, (no fee) and you get the new policy for the screen price.

Did so and got my cashback today from the comparison website today £45.oo

Bonus. (Hopefully won't need it) free excess insurance so could claim back my excess.

Used quidco and Gocompare.

Premium this year for the Sportage now a net £135

Edited by _ORB_ on 15/07/2020 at 18:00

Kia Sportage - car insurance - groaver

Good job.

I used the Gocompare site too and was pleased to see the excess offer.

Good job.

I used the Gocompare site too and was pleased to see the excess offer.

Even better with the cashback sites. I trawl through all of them.

Got £25 off house insurance, same off pet insurance...

Kia Sportage - car insurance - paul 1963

Well done ORB! always worth shopping around.

Kia Sportage - car insurance - nick62

Will you please spare a though for us on four digit premiums when posting in future? ;)

* Despite being within touching distance of a bus pass.

Edited by nick62 on 16/07/2020 at 13:39

Age 69, 12 years ncb colchester. parked on driveway. swmbo (Dr) named driver.£250 excess.9000 miles yearly (ish) Brand new sportage list at purchase £21831, Green card for EU travel.

Will you please spare a though for us on four digit premiums when posting in future? ;)

Apologies indeed..and yes I have a bus pass too

Quidco (others are available) and the comparison sites are very useful tools to lower costs and make savings.

How on earth are you paying 4 figures?

Edited by _ORB_ on 16/07/2020 at 14:26

Kia Sportage - car insurance - nick62

How on earth are you paying 4 figures?

Two vehicles both on a business policy, big city postcode, no drivers under 30 covered, both names drivers in their 50s, no convictions, no at fault accidents/claims, premium circa £2,000!

Believe me I've tried to get it cheaper. It hasn't actually increased much over the last 5 years, but then again the vehicles are 5 years older, (one is 5, one is 7).

Kia Sportage - car insurance - RT

Even running a Group 43 car, I'm nowhere near 4 digits despite being loaded for medically-restricted licence.

Edited by RT on 16/07/2020 at 14:34

Even running a Group 43 car, I'm nowhere near 4 digits despite being loaded for medically-restricted licence.

Sportage is group 11

Kia Sportage - car insurance - galileo

Sportage is group 11

I presume all sums quoted above are after several years No Claims Discount?

With full NCD, old enough for bus pass and IAM membership the best I can find is in excess of £400 for a 1.4 hatchback.

I suspect postcode algorithms have more weighting in premium setting than is really justified - some of the post codes include a small part of a town and a wide area of quiet suburbs.

Kia Sportage - car insurance - Falkirk Bairn

Renewal notice just in.

Up since last year so I went on to the Comparison sites.

SWMBO said "You won't get it cheaper"

She was wrong.

Renewal Premium £200 - best price othe Market £199.68

So I was right, but hang the expense, I will just renew.

Kia Sportage - car insurance - RT

I presume all sums quoted above are after several years No Claims Discount?

With full NCD, old enough for bus pass and IAM membership the best I can find is in excess of £400 for a 1.4 hatchback.

I suspect postcode algorithms have more weighting in premium setting than is really justified - some of the post codes include a small part of a town and a wide area of quiet suburbs.

It must be the postcode - I'm old enough for bus pass, also IAM, but only paying £423 for a Group 43 premium SUV - that's through the IAM Surety scheme - loaded for medically restricted licence.

Kia Sportage - car insurance - Falkirk Bairn

43 year old son +wife pays £750 fully comp for an now 18 mth old RS4 Avant and VW Golf R Tsi

Chartered Engineer, Full NCB, nil points, 25k miles between the 2 cars £750 - £450/£300

I think I got the bargain of the year, but, there again, I have been a lucky boy this year!

Kia Sportage - car insurance - Penumbra

Postcode definitely makes a difference. Last year friends father sold his house and moved less than a mile to sheltered accommodation. Kept his Skoda. His insurance rose by £75. Rise was attributed to postcode according to the insurance company who presumably know that the area is populated with the mature driver.

I have to say that our insurer, LV have been good with minimal premium raises, but now charge an admin fee for changes over the phone.

We have house insurance with them and youngrovergirl used to have term mortgage insurance in the days before we paid it off.

Still. , will be checking next year, but will still be lesss than 70 at next renewal..