Spanish Car Prices (in English!) - rogerb
I am going to live in Spain soon, and, sadly, will probably have to part with my 2000V Focus tdi Zetec(49k, ac, metallic etc, & a recipient of HJ's recommended TLC). Apart from its thirst, a joy to own, BUT rhd/UK spec.

I am thinking of a smallish diesel SUV, which is comfortable, not too awful to drive, and will last me for quite a few years. I don't expect to have loadsa money to spend - depends how my UK house sale goes - so we are not thinking of BMW-land(too big anyway)!

Can you folks recommend any of the below:
1. makes/models which meet this 'spec';
2. a website giving Spanish prices; &
3. approx money I should ask for my Focus?

Not much to ask, I realise!!

Thanks in advance.
Roger
Spanish Car Prices (in English!) - DavidHM
1. Toyota RAV4 or Nissan X-Trail
2. Erm... don't speak Spanish. I could do it for Belgium though
www.automagazine.be
3. £6250 but be prepared to haggle; if you want it to shift quickly, try £5500

The RAV4 starts at ?19326 and the X-Trail at ?20826 + VAT in Belgium and Spain is probably fairly similar once you add local VAT.
In Spain, it's quite a bit more expensive.

?27375 including VAT (which, I think is 16%, making the tax free price ?23599) for the base model RAV4

and

?27284 including VAT (?23520)

I'm assuming that VAT is 16%, no discounts in either country, and a similar spec.

Spanish prices (in Spanish but it's really not that difficult and you're going to have to get to grips with it sooner or later) from www.movendus.com
Thanks, David

Flip'neck!
That's dearer than they are here!

To quote Fagin, "I think I'd better think it out again!"

Roger
Before you abandon completely the idea of driving something like that:

1. You might get a discount over there
2. You might be able to get one of the dealers who supplies www.ukcarbroker.co.uk for example to sell you a left hooker.
Spanish Car Prices (in English!) - Thommo
Sterling has depreciated against Euro by about 25% recently and is heading down (towards Gordon Brown's indicated level he wishes to joint Euro at).

Cheap stuff in Europe ain't so cheap anymore...
You don't have to tell ME, Thommo - my 'fixed-price' house in Espana is getting dearer by the day (and my 'pension-to-be' will be worth less (or should I say 'worthless'?):-((
Spanish Car Prices (in English!) - Thommo
Rogerb,

Sorry if I touched a nerve. If its any consolation I intend to move to Spain fairly shortly myself (Vigo in my case) so we are in the same boat...
Er... does anyone have experience of the KIA Carens?(more in my price bracket!)
Spanish Car Prices (in English!) - Altea Ego
Er... does anyone have experience of the KIA Carens?(more in my
price bracket!)

Do they still make the SEAT (prior VAG) 600?
Spanish Car Prices (in English!) - Mark (RLBS)
March 28th 1 Euro = 69p
June 9th 1 Euro = 70p

Highest in 3 months 72p
Lowest in 3 months 67p

Highest in 12 months 72p
Lowest in 12 months 63p

>>\"Sterling has depreciated against Euro by about 25% recently\" ????????

I don\'t think so.

Sounds like you\'ve been watching those party political broadcasts again.

Like that old chestnut of inward investment dropping (which it hasn\'t) because of our exclusion from the Euro (which it isn\'t) as opposed to members of the Euro where inward investment is increasing (where it\'s not).
Spanish Car Prices (in English!) - andymc {P}
A friend of mine who lives in Spain (he's a native) decided to import his C-Class from Germany, because he could still save money on the transaction - even though it was a used car! This guy is a successful businessman & is no fool. I know this doesn't properly answer the question originally asked, but it may be worth having a look at other LHD options than in Spain.
Spanish Car Prices (in English!) - eMBe {P}
Although I share Mark's views about the party political issues, I am not too sure about the value of pound vs euro. See

uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=EURGBP=X&d=c&t=2y

for a chart showing how the euro has gained vs the pound over teh last 2 years.
--
eM.Be. {P} #Note: {P} = you can view my profile. Add {P} if your profile is viewable.