ssangyong vehicles - concrete

Two chaps in my local have just independently bought SSangyong Korrando's. They look decent and substantial vehicles. They both have small farms and tow trailers and horse boxes etc. One is brand new and the other second hand. The new one was about £20k and used one about £16k. Looks like a lot of car for the money. A dealership is located about 15 miles away in Maidstone for servicing etc. They come with a 7 year warranty too. I shall watch with interest their progress. Not too familiar with this brand and don't see many around but no doubt forum members will have experience of them. Very tempting price if you tow.

Cheers Concrete

ssangyong vehicles - badbusdriver

They come with a 7 year warranty too.

Not just a 7 year warranty, but unlimited mileage too!.

Yes they generally seem to do pretty well in tow car awards. However, in the motoring press in general, they are usually criticised for poor road manners, poor refinement and poor quality interior trim. I guess it depends on what you want from a car. Also, certainly in the case of Ssangyong, the proximity of the nearest dealer (and how good said dealer is).

ssangyong vehicles - thunderbird

Wrong.

To quote the Ssangyong website "All new SsangYong vehicles are supported by a comprehensive 7 year or 150,000 mile manufacturer’s warranty"

Still the best out there but not as you state.

But at the end of the day there is more to a car than a long warranty. It took years for the Kia warranty to be embraced by customers and they had decent cars.

ssangyong vehicles - badbusdriver

Wrong.

To quote the Ssangyong website "All new SsangYong vehicles are supported by a comprehensive 7 year or 150,000 mile manufacturer’s warranty"

Still the best out there but not as you state.

But at the end of the day there is more to a car than a long warranty. It took years for the Kia warranty to be embraced by customers and they had decent cars.

Darn!, nearly got away with it................ :-(

ssangyong vehicles - Manatee

I have lived next door to a farm vet for 20 years. In that time she has had three working vehicles - an Isuzu Trooper, a VW Tiguan, and a SSangyong Korando.

At the time she bought the Tiguan she said that had she been able to buy another Isuzu she would have. She didn't rate the Tiguan. She must have had the Korando 6 or 7 years and I think she's happy with it.

You can pay £30,000+ for one - they aren't cheap any more, at least on the list prices.

Edited by Manatee on 06/02/2020 at 18:24

ssangyong vehicles - dan86

The new Rexton seems good value for money if you need a large capable 4x4 for heavy duty towing and family duties.

ssangyong vehicles - SLO76
Mostly pretty robust things as far as I’ve heard but depreciation is crippling mostly due to styling that doesn’t really work on anything they produce and a badge no one really knows. Dealers treat them as a budget brand and slaughter them. Good buy as a workhorse though.
ssangyong vehicles - daveyK_UK

Have often considered a Tourismo but the depreciation is too much , be worth £4k or less after 5 years and 80k miles plus