Car parking apps - FoxyJukebox

I am beginning to accumulate car parking apps and would welcome others experiences .Here are some of mine.

I actually quite like paying by the app, getting txt confirmation and warning of "time's up" etc--not to mention never having to hunt for small change in darkness or have the agro of a parking machine being out of order--so yes--this is the way of the world now and it is broadly good.

What does worry me is that every town/location I visit seems to have it's own parking app company--so if I am widely travelled it won't be long before my smart phone is stuffed with parking apps?

Secondly- Even with location services entered-I have several times not been quite certain that i have booked myself into the correctly listed car park . Have sometimes checked the machine and pay stand in the car park itself area and often have to seriously hunt for the name of the car park or it's registered number. Quick large obvious displays needed?

Third annoyance-one car park app I regularly used ceased trading in the locality in use--and this was not made apparent to me till i actually got to the car park. Very annoying to have to register with yet another new car parking app , download the details, input info( credit card etc) when in a hurry and in total darkness.

Car parking apps - Regdor

I too like the idea, Leeds has expensive council parking with machines often vandalised or just broken. Often lost my coins in therm.

Tried Parkmobile with the intention of using in on my next visit. Very bad app that seemed to be designed for a PC back in 2005!!

The also took out a payment of £1 from my payment card for no apparent reason and it all felt very dodgy. Not happy that the council were using them.

Last week went into Leeds to use a private carpark that also used Parkmobile and found it had changed to RINGO since my last visit. Someone said the Council had also changed to them as well but not been to a on street parking zone to confirm that.

Car parking apps - MGspannerman

Firstly I really don't like paying the venal prices some organisations charge, but having said that I have found Ringo to be very good. It is used by the local council in the area our daughter lives and we can quickly and easily pay, at a reduced price as she is a resident, using the app.

I even turned up at an unfamiliar hospital where a relative was having an operation. I managed to find a small car park and phoned the number on the board. It turned out to be Ringo, my number was recognised and my vehicle and card details were already enrolled. I just had to press a button and that was it.

As an aside, if i am visiting London or other area where parking is problematic then I have found Justpark to be very good. In effect you rent somebody's drive for the agreed period.

Car parking apps - Miniman777
The multiplicity of apps is a pain, but we have to live with it. Plus there’s less risk of keying in wrong reg no. My pet hate for parking is Apoca at Oxford station, the code on the platform easy to bypass and ignore.

I have all my travel related apps in one folder rather than spread over several screens.