Peugeot 208 - £2K courtesy car bill after uninsured accident - lucklesspedestrian

Hi

I know this has been covered here to some extent already but bear with me!

My Brother in Law was hit by an uninsured driver who was also at fault (in addition to not having insurance!) and his car was written off.

My B in L wasn't aware of the well-known credit hire courtesy car 'scam' that claims management companies operate and signed the agreement.

He's now got a bill for the car hire of £2K (3 weeks for a Hyundai i10!!!) and is a bit worried.

He has been offered and accepted a £6K settlement for his written off car but hasn't had the payment yet. (the accident happened about 6 months ago)

My guess is that the car hire will be settled when he gets the insurance payment and that someone somewhere is just dragging their heels a bit.

He does have legal cover through his insurers (Hastings).

Would I be correct in advising him not to worry and simply to contact Hastings and asking for the legal service he has paid for to do their bit?

Thanks in advance

Peugeot 208 - £2K courtesy car bill after uninsured accident - Palcouk

Your B in Law is liable for the £2k his insurance Co will be very unlikely to pay it. But he needs to contact Hastings

Peugeot 208 - £2K courtesy car bill after uninsured accident - Falkirk Bairn

Neighbour has an auto MB A class worth £1500 - hit on a roundabout - 100% 3rd party fault. - it will be a write-off as there are 2 doors & a wing bashed.

She has a brand spanking new Passat Estate auto on hire.

I warned them not to take it as she leaves herself open t a big bill.

However, her brother says it will be OK - £100+ per day adds up very quickly