Laziness par excellence ! - volvoman
Just come back from taking Mrs V out on her first driving lesson - yes I've still got my hair 'cos the gal done good !

Anyway I drove the car to the local park and we did some basic manoeuvres in the empty car park. Just as we were about to leave a car appeared and a woman got out with her dog. Nothing unusual there but then I noticed it was a neighbour of mine who lives not more than 200 yards away from a pedestrian entrance to the same park. Evidently, rather than walk 200 yards (exercising her beloved mutt in the process) she'd driven at least 4 times further. Lazy or what ?

Anyone got any other examples of lazy motorists ?
Laziness par excellence ! - SjB {P}
Yup.

Neighbour who stokes up his 4.6HSE Range Rover to drive 200 metres to the papershop and back, and the colleague who happily queues for at least 20 minutes to drive the distance she could walk in ten.
Laziness par excellence ! - DIRM
When I was little & before we had a phone in our house, my dad used to get the car out to go to the phone box on the corner of our street. Failing that he'd drive down to the pub & use their payphone. Not sure how far but either way was just far enough to manage 3rd gear…
Laziness par excellence ! - Dynamic Dave
Anyway I drove the car to the local park and
we did some basic manoeuvres in the empty car park.

smirk
Just as we were about to leave a car appeared and
a woman got out with her dog. Nothing unusual
there but then I noticed it was a neighbour of mine
who lives not more than 200 yards away from a pedestrian
entrance to the same park. Evidently, rather than walk 200
yards (exercising her beloved mutt in the process) she'd
driven at least 4 times further. Lazy or what ?

But looking at it from a different angle, maybe she hadn't just driven from her home address to the park, but from somewhere else and stopped off at the park en-route home?
Methinks you're being too generous DD - wherever she'd been it'd have been just as easier to park at home and walk to the park.

BTW - what's the smirk for ??? What sort of manouevres do you think a fine, upstanding, pillar of the local community would be getting up to in a deserted car park with a tall, beautiful woman ?

Blimey Dave I must be getting old ;-)
Laziness par excellence ! - Steve S
Many moons ago, before Sunday papers became the weight lifting challenge they are now.

The thirtysomething next door neighbour used to do the 300 yrd (I kid you not) round trip to the paper shop in his battered old mini.

I wouldn't mind but I often collected our papers on foot in the time it took him to start it!
Laziness par excellence ! - Garethj
Don't know if it's laziness, but people will sometimes do two laps of Tescos car park to park as close to the entrance as possible.

I swear if they could park inside the shop, they would.

This applies to all other large store car parks, but I'm sure it's better to park a little further away and avoid the damage from badly driven trolleys.

Gareth
Laziness par excellence ! - Bilgewater
Have you noticed that the nearer you get to a supermarket door the poorer the standard of parking becomes. I once saw someone take up four parking spaces with a Ford Fiesta.
Laziness par excellence ! - peterb
"fine, upstanding, pillar"

smirk
Laziness par excellence ! - cockle {P}
I actually know a couple who moved house to within a quarter of a mile of our local station so they didn't have to drive so far each morning.
They now both drive to the station each in their individual company cars, which sit in the station car park all day, and then drive home again in the evening.
The reason they give for this is they both come home on the same train but in the morning she catches the 8:07 and he catches the 08:27!
When I suggested perhaps they should walk to the station or maybe use just the one car and catch the same train they said I was silly as them they wouldn't be getting the use out of their cars!
Cockle
Laziness par excellence ! - bugged {P}
A neighbour of ours is a school teacher at our very very local school, she DRIVES to work everyday and drives home for lunch in between!!! the journey can take her no longer than 1 min, which would probably take her no more than 5mins if she walked!!!

In in the time ive known her she must have had at least 3 crashes!!!!
Laziness par excellence ! - DavidHM
She sounds like one of my old teachers who lived about 2 minutes' walk from the school and drove what was then a very new Mercedes E220 coupé. Of course, she would do the trip with a boot load of files that required several trips from the car to load or unload over the course of the day - basically, the car was no more than a £30k mobile filing cabinet.
Laziness par excellence ! - ajit
No wonder cars in the UK depreciate faster, the cats will need to be changed
Laziness par excellence ! - Rob C
Wait till they complain how the exhaust hasn't lasted very long.
Laziness par excellence ! - Robin
I once worked at a large research lab stuck in the middle of the countryside. It was on a large estate and had some cottages and houses which could be rented out to new or temporary staff whilst they looked for more permanent accommodation. very civilised. I lived in one of these cottages for a while. I have to confess that sometimes I would get in my car to drive to work, thus saving me about 5 minutes walk. Why? Well, I always had a good excuse (!) and always had the mickey taken if I got seen.
Laziness par excellence ! - Bilgewater
A woman three houses from me takes her children 150 yards to school in the car. Parks it on the footpath for half an hour while she has a chinwag with the other mums, and then drives home.

Yeah but I bet she doesn't know she's on the pavement !!!