Citroen Picasso hdi diesel engine fault - rob.s
My Picasso was reg' in Sept.'02 and has an intermittent fault which shows up after driving on the over run and coming to a roundabout the engine wont pick up for seconds just as you are pulling out into the traffic stream. Then it suddenly takes off like a bat out of hell.This seems to be happening to a good few people off another site but dealers seem unable to find any fault.

Would appreciate any thoughts to overcome this potentially dangerous fault.
Citroen Picasso hdi diesel engine fault - Ben79
This has been discussed on tinyurl.com/dbz7 before, some dealers manage to find a fault with the EGR valve and checking the vacuum pipes that connect to the EGR valve.

We had the same problem, nothing shows up on the computer when it is stationery in the garage.

It was by chance that the chief technician spotted the kinked/incorrectly routed vacuum pipes.

Ben
On my 3rd Citroen. Saxo, Xsara, C5.
Citroen Picasso hdi diesel engine fault - Ben79
Oh, I forgot to say, someone will fix your Picasso and it will then be perfect and you will continue to think it is the best car in the world.

Ben
On my 3rd Citroen. Saxo, Xsara, C5.
Many thanks for your helpful reply will use the info to hopefully convince my dealer that its not just in my mind

Thanks again

Citroen Picasso hdi diesel engine fault - David Lacey
How did you get on?

Apparently the low pressure fuel delivery pump on HDI's give trouble....
Sorry for delay in reply.
I gave dealer copy of all the faults listed with particular possible faults high lighted, and pointed out the dealer tel. no who had fixed a couple of pic's with similar faults. They checked it out said they had replaced all parts listed and Bingo I am a happy driver.
Cheers.
Citroen Picasso hdi diesel engine fault - Railroad
And this is very easy to check. If the engine won't start open the bonnet, get someone to switch on the ignition and you should see the fuel filter housing bulge outward. If it does, the pump's working.
Citroen Picasso hdi diesel engine fault - David Lacey
Railroad - What, the plastic housing of the fuel filter?
Citroen Picasso hdi diesel engine fault - Railroad
The large circular plastic housing (about 3" diameter) staring you in the face right in front of the engine beside the main fuel pump. It will swell when the ignition is switched on. If it does then the in tank pump's working.