2009 1.9 Diesel - Citroen dispatch misfiring problems - Philip1927

This van has given no end of problems since it was bought last April via a dealer.

Won't go into all glory details but latest is that after driving for a week or so the anti pollution warning lights comes on and engine starts to misfire. This is cured temporarily, believe it or not, by turning engine off, locking the car waiting and then unlocking. The engine then starts and will go merry on it's way for a period of time. At a loss to know what's going on now. Garage has said car does not have a dpf and various bits have been changed including egr. Key is not original.

Help!

2009 1.9 Diesel - Citroen dispatch misfiring problems - Gibbo_Wirral

Needs a diagnostic. The vehicle is clearly telling you its not well by giving out the "anti pollution fault" message, and will be logging a fault code.

Google "planet owners map" or ask around on frenchcarforums for the nearest member with the diagnostic kit to give you an accurate reading. Generic code readers are rubbish.

Been on garage diagnostics several times coming up with same fault!

2009 1.9 Diesel - Citroen dispatch misfiring problems - elekie&a/c doctor
Any basic tests done ? Quality of fuel? Has the diesel filter been replaced? Immobiliser won’t cause cut out , it is only needed for starting .

Thanks for the reply. Like I said earlier the van has been back and fore to the garage its ridiculous.

The reason I mentioned the immobiliser that twice now power has suddenly cut out, but by getting out of the van, locking it, then getting back in and starting again it goes as sweet as a nut.This has happened twice after a week. Just about everything has been changed or checked and both myself and the garage are at a loss. The EML eventually goes out.