Peugeot 306 1.9td - Peugeot 306 STOP light and radiator fan problem - R Graeme

Looking for some advice after searching the internet over and over for answers.

The STOP light on the dash started to flicker on and off around a year ago. For 6 months now it is on constantly when the A/C is on, but goes off when I switch the A/C off. The passenger side radiator fan kicks in and out on what seems to be a high speed when the A/C is on, but not when the A/C is off. The temperature gauge stays around 75 degrees all the time, except if I'm towing, it can rise if going up a long steep hill with a heavy load.

Here's what I have done so far:

I cleaned my bitron units connections and even tried another 2nd hand unit, but no change. I suppose there's nothing saying that if it is the bitron, then the 2nd hand unit could have been faulty too?

Verified the radiator fans are not seized by moving them with the engine off.

I have cleaned the connections on the 3 relays behind the grill. If I take them out one by one, I can still only get the passenger rad fan to work.

I have checked the brown sensor on the thermostat housing. If I pull it out when the car is running, the passenger rad fan kicks in after a few seconds. I bridged the terminals on the connectors lead, but it did not change anything.

I have cleaned the connector multiplug on the left hand side of the radiator.

I have cleaned the earth just below the battery housing.

I am now left to think it can either be one of the following: replace the 3 relays behind the grill OR buy a new bitron OR replace the right hand side radiator fan.

Can anyone offer any other fault finding tips or suggestions?

Peugeot 306 1.9td - Peugeot 306 STOP light and radiator fan problem - elekie&a/c doctor
If one of the cooling fans does not work, then this is enough to bring on the “stop” warning light. It is unlikely to be the bitron module . Common faults with these are a faulty fan motor , relay or rotten wiring where it runs around the front of the car . The fan motor is easy to test with a battery and leads , but you may need to remove the front bumper for access to many of the connectors .
Peugeot 306 1.9td - Peugeot 306 STOP light and radiator fan problem - mss1tw

Years ago I had a Berlingo where this part (A big resistor??) had failed/cracked causing the fan to only work on one speed (High speed I guess), could be something similar on yours?

ibb.co/4PZKqb0

ibb.co/Bc5H3Dw

Edited by mss1tw on 19/09/2019 at 22:45

Peugeot 306 1.9td - Peugeot 306 STOP light and radiator fan problem - Gibbo_Wirral

Did you clean the other earths? There's one hidden below the battery tray if memory serves.