MG TF 1.8 135hp - Cooling fan - strickjumpers

Hello, bit of an overheating problem with my MG TF, overheats after running stationary for about 20 minutes, just replaced water pump, timing belt and tensioner. does not indicate above normal temp on water gauge but starts to steam, the cooling fan is not kicking in.I have bled the system.

The engine bay fan is seized, I have disconnected it meantime to avoid blowing its separate fuse.

I have a factory workshop manual but the diagram does not show temp sensor or switch, im not convinced it is correct.

can anyone shed light ion this and were I can find a link to a wiring diagram, many thanks, Mike

MG TF 1.8 135hp - Cooling fan - elekie&a/c doctor
There is no switch for the cooling fan. The system operates via the engine control unit coolant temp sensor. If it was ok before the work done, then I suspect you have an air lock . The k series engine can be a real pain to bleed , difficult enough with the engine at the front. Have you checked the front to rear pipes to see if they are getting warm, also make sure the heater is set to hot . Wiring diagram will be similar to Rover 45 / MG equivalent.