Peugeot 207 - Replaced timing chain but will not start. - Matthew Broomfield

Evening, I decided to replace the timing chain on my peugeot 207 1.4 16v vti, as I had lost power and it was running rough. When I look at the chain the top guide was broken so ordered the parts and tools.

But after I had finished the car started to fire but would not start and no longer tries to fire. The spark plugs are very wet with fuel and there is no spark.

I have checked the timing it is all good

Is the a reset fot the vti system?

Any happy would be great many thanks matt

Peugeot 207 - Replaced timing chain but will not start. - elekie&a/c doctor
Is it possible you have damaged the crank sensor or pulley. ?This has a magnetic pulse ring on Its rear face . Easily damaged if it has been mis handled or dropped.

Check that yesterday looks OK, but when I check the coolant temperature sensor it had a broken plug and so did the oil pressure sensor, I do a temp repair and the car started. Not sure the veritable valve timing is working properly as its will ldle but not all the time and sounds really good above 2k revs.

Does this sound right? If so can I reset the vvt?

Many thanks

Peugeot 207 - Replaced timing chain but will not start. - elekie&a/c doctor
Did you replace the vvti hubs? Are the oil ways in the vvt actuator valves clean with no debris?

No I didn't replace the hubs. I will check the oil ways tomorrow. Thanks

Hi sorry for the slow reply, both front and rear solenoids where blocked now runs very well.

There is now a anit pollution message with a p0035 code. It does not come up first or second time you start the car but is pending, but the the light will come on the third time and there will also be a pending for the same code.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Now solved, it was the pre cat lambda sensor.

Thanks for the help.