Vauxhall Astra - Head gasket problem - lukutis222

Hello. Few days ago warning light came up saying that coolant level is low. I have topped it off and comtinue driving. When I got back, i could smell the burning oil smell from under the hood as well as some white exhaust smoke. I have checked the oil level and it wad above maximum. To me it sounds like an abvious head gasket leak.

Took the car to the dealership where i still had 3 momths warranty. They have diagnosed intercooler gasket leak. Is that possible or im being trolled by them not wanting to pay the nasty bill for me?

Car has only hot 70k miles.

Vauxhall Astra - Head gasket problem - elekie&a/c doctor
An inter cooler only has air passing through it. No oil or water mix. You really need more investigation to confirm any h/g fault. It would be more help if we had more info about the car . Year, Petrol, diesel, engine size??
Vauxhall Astra - Head gasket problem - lukutis222

Vauxhall astra J 2010, 1.4 petrol turbo 138hp

Vauxhall Astra - Head gasket problem - elekie&a/c doctor
They are probably referring to the oil/ coolant heat exchanger.
Vauxhall Astra - Head gasket problem - 3uga

They are probably refering to the oil cooler. These parts seem to fail on astra's regardless of year of make.
The intercooler cools intake air using coolant = from euro5 and up. On your model should be air to air and most likely are refering to the oil cooler located either in or near the engine block or oil filter housing.