Toyota C-HR - What engine does the 1.2 T Have - Steveieb

My partner has decided on a CH-R petrol manual and HJ reviews seem to agree that this is the best option for country roads.

Getting hold of one for an extended test is another matter as most come in hybrid form. And there are not available through car rental companies.

But there is no information available as to whether the 1.2 t has three or four cylinders.

Can you advise please?

Also would you advise buying from Motorpoint who have these in stock?

Toyota C-HR - What engine does the 1.2 T Have - Gordon17

It took me about 30 seconds to find the engine spec on the Toyota website...

https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/c-hr/index/specifications#/publish/tcc_compare/mode=engines/model=c-hr/0=bdee1739-baa2-4087-9ebb-619d0cf61be9:e7ea6acd-6d88-4826-a2cb-d0d285a154fd/

4 cylinders

Toyota C-HR - What engine does the 1.2 T Have - Tester

It's the same 4-cylinder turbo that's used in the Auris. I have an Auris with the 1.2T and find it a very pleasing engine in my car. It's very smooth and quiet, with plenty of torque from about 1400 rpm upwards to make for relaxing progress and confident overtaking. I get real mpg around 46 in mixed driving and have had up to 52 on a long, steady journey -- typically about 49 for a mostly-motorway-with-some-other-bits tankful.

Toyota C-HR - What engine does the 1.2 T Have - Heidfirst

Also would you advise buying from Motorpoint who have these in stock?

If doing so check that it has full service history to Toyota's schedule/standards & supporting paperwork in order to maintain the Toyota 5 year/100,000 mile warranty.

Maybe try using Motorpoint's pricing to negotiate with a Toyota dealer on a used 1 that they may have in stock or could source within the dealer network.

Many thanks for your advice.

Sounds like you have some reservations about buying from Motorpoint Heidifirst ?

Have you heard of problems with warranty claims after buying through this network?

Toyota C-HR - What engine does the 1.2 T Have - badbusdriver

It took me about 30 seconds to find the engine spec on the Toyota website...

www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/c-hr/index/specification.../

4 cylinders

Also, on the HJ review of the C-HR (mentioned by the OP), under specifications, for (any of) the 1.2 models, it tells you the same thing, 4 cyl......!

www.honestjohn.co.uk/specs/detail/?v=M157743

I am curious though, why the question?, what difference does it make how many cylinders it has?.

Edited by badbusdriver on 10/05/2019 at 17:35

Toyota C-HR - What engine does the 1.2 T Have - bathtub tom

Sounds like you have some reservations about buying from Motorpoint Heidifirst ?

Have you heard of problems with warranty claims after buying through this network?

I bought an eight-month-old Toyota from Motorpoint that had 8K miles on it, so could get it main dealer serviced to have no arguments about warranty. Found Motorpoint cars far better presented than main dealer and a couple of grand cheaper.

It was my best experience with any car sales company.

Hope Avant doesn't have any problem with this, as I've no connection with them.

(Edit: no problem at all. Nothing wrong with satisfied customers saying so.)

Edited by Avant on 10/05/2019 at 23:56

Toyota C-HR - What engine does the 1.2 T Have - Engineer Andy

I bought an eight-month-old Toyota from Motorpoint that had 8K miles on it, so could get it main dealer serviced to have no arguments about warranty. Found Motorpoint cars far better presented than main dealer and a couple of grand cheaper.

It was my best experience with any car sales company.

Hope Avant doesn't have any problem with this, as I've no connection with them.

Ditto for me - though I bought a brand new (15 miles on the clock) Mazda3 from them in early 2006 - admitedly some time ago now, but the process was painless and the car is still going well today 13 years later.

Interesting point about warranty infringement.
It appears the car I enquirer about has been serviced by the car supermarket rather than Toyota.
Not sure if this may pose difficulties if and when the car has to go to a Toyota dealer for warranty work ?
Toyota C-HR - What engine does the 1.2 T Have - Auristocrat

On the face of it, shouldn't pose problems with the warranty provided the service was done at the correct interval (12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first) or before. However, if a warranty claim is made where the fault may be directly related to servicing, there may then be a question re whether the car has been correctly serviced.

The new car warranty is 5 years/100,000 miles for cars originally sold by Toyota GB, and 3 years/60,000 miles for cars originally sold elsewhere in Europe. May be worth checking where the car originated from.

However if kept beyond the new car warranty, if a major repair is required where Toyota's help is sought (goodwill), goodwill will probably be refused if the car has been serviced outside the dealer network.

Edited by Auristocrat on 10/05/2019 at 22:10

Toyota C-HR - What engine does the 1.2 T Have - Big John

On the face of it, shouldn't pose problems with the warranty provided the service was done at the correct interval (12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first) or before. However, if a warranty claim is made where the fault may be directly related to servicing, there may then be a question re whether the car has been correctly serviced.

The problem is even though it is possible (by law) to get a car serviced outside the dealer network everything, including oil etc, has to be itemised to prove that it's suitable/Original Equipment at a vat registered garage. The reality is it's easy to fail scrutiny if a claim is required on the warranty and as mentioned there would be certainly no goodwill when the warranty runs out.

Edited by Big John on 11/05/2019 at 00:32

Toyota C-HR - What engine does the 1.2 T Have - Heidfirst

The problem is even though it is possible (by law) to get a car serviced outside the dealer network everything, including oil etc, has to be itemised to prove that it's suitable/Original Equipment at a vat registered garage. The reality is it's easy to fail scrutiny if a claim is required on the warranty and as mentioned there would be certainly no goodwill when the warranty runs out.

This is why I mentioned it. I have heard (but have no personal experience) that outfits like this often handle ex-rental/fleet etc. cars that may have been serviced inhouse but don't have any service record/paperwork to back it up in the event of a warranty claim being required.

Edited by Heidfirst on 11/05/2019 at 18:55