Ford Kuga - Ford Kuga mk2 2.0 smoke and burning smell - Ritz-dog

Good evening all, was in the queue at McDonalds drive thru in my wife's kuga and noticed a strong like burning rubber/plastic smell in the cabin, then saw greyish smoke coming from under the bonnet. Not loads but enough for me to swear loudly lol

Parked the car, opened bonnet and smoke appear to come from right hand side of engine block but underneath all the hoses so could see exact source.

Its a kuga 4wd, diesel with 75k and only 3 months out of the dealer.

Been told smells like clutch burning (although clutch response didn't appear to be any different from any other time I've driven it, gear change smooth and biting point still quite low) or possibly the dpf regenerating and just law of s0d that I was stationary and the heat increase caused the smoke which had I been driving would have blown by unnoticed

Never had a dpf in a motor so asking for any suggestions please

Off to Spain tomorrow (yup, bad timing as always) so gonna call dealer as still under warranty but would like to go prepared with some info as the dealer was a little dismissive of past issues we've reported with the car

Thanks in advance and free Spain keyring for anyone who can correctly diagnose this issue from the basic description ive given lol

Also, doesnt smell like oil burning at all and as far as I can tell nowt different coming out of the exhaust pipes

Ford Kuga - Ford Kuga mk2 2.0 smoke and burning smell - Peter.N.

The clutch has a distinctive smell similar to brake linings but I can't see why it should be smoking unless its slipping or you have been hammering it.

Ford Kuga - Ford Kuga mk2 2.0 smoke and burning smell - Miniman777

I recall something similar just after I parked, the burning smell difficult to pin down, but there was no smoke. I put mine down to switching off during DPF regen. Never happened again.

Needs a good check out to be sure.

Update: had a mobile mechannic out and he has diagnosed some sort of clutch issue. He said the smell is definitely the clutch burning and suspects the clutch is not disengaging itself fully when the clutch pedal is released.

He ran a full diagnositic check on the computer and no faults were found

So we're off to get in touch with the warranty department to see what our next steps are

I'll keep you posted.....