All makes - Buying new cars on the internet - lerocher

I am considering buying a new car and am tempted by the discounts being offered by companies who put customers in touch with dealers offering the best deals. It is likely in this situation that the supplying dealer will not be local to the purchaser.

I am obviously aware that warranty work can be undertaken by any authorised dealer but would like to know how well this works in practice. Has anybody who has bought a car by this process experienced less favourable treatment because they had purchased the car elsewhere?

All makes - Buying new cars on the internet - NARU

Never had a problem. Local dealers have been happy to service.

Though I always give the local dealer a chance to get close to the broker price. Sometimes they can, sometimes they're a lot more expensive and I've not been able to come to a deal.

All makes - Buying new cars on the internet - concrete

Should not be a problem Alan. dealers are very keen to get service and repair business. It is arguable that they make as much from after sales as they do from sales. At approaching £100 per hour for workshop time they should be more than happy to oblige.

Let us know how you get on with your purchase. Useful experiences are always interesting and informative to forum members. Obviously you will exercise the usual care before parting with any money. Good luck.

Cheers Concrete

All makes - Buying new cars on the internet - daveyjp
In 2006 We bought an Aygo through drivethedeal. Supplying dealer was 200 miles away, local dealer did all warranty and servicing work, including repairing a fault from new.
All makes - Buying new cars on the internet - SLO76
I’ve never had a problem with any local dealer despite buying further afield to save money. I often sing the praises of my local VW dealer on here with no negative experiences at all when it comes to servicing and several cases of goodwill gained from VW which the dealer actively sought without any pressure from me or resistance from VW.

I will suggest getting quotes online but nip in to your local dealer with said quote and see if they’ll match it or get very very close. If they can do it without making a loss they often will just to make up numbers. It’s helpful to have a local dealer handling delivery and aftercare.
All makes - Buying new cars on the internet - RT

I bought my car through an internet broker, the dealer was nearby but not the nearest - having delivered it in poor condition, I vowed never to use them.

My local VW dealer has been pleased to carry out my servicing and warranty work despite not selling the car, even adding some goodwill.

All makes - Buying new cars on the internet - Avant

I agree witgh all the above. But it's worth your while getting some quotes from brokers and - if you prefer to buy from a local dealer, meet the service staff and build a relationship with them - see if the dealer can match or come near to the quotes.

They quite often can.

All makes - Buying new cars on the internet - Leif
My dealer would match online brokers but only if I bought before the end of March, which gave me two weeks to decide. They were after their end of period sales bonus from VW. Note that online broker prices often include a PCP discount.
All makes - Buying new cars on the internet - Engineer Andy

From the majority of accounts on this forum, the vast majority of brokers seem fine and above board, though, like all businesses, some won't be - I do remember one or two (the names escape name) pushing people onto dealers a long way away, and one broker who was actually selling cars that were not new ones, pretending they were and which sometimes had significant amounts of finance to pay from the previous owner - the clue was that they refused to issue the spare keys and the V5/logbook for several months, which meant that the 'new owner' wasn't actually until the original debt was paid off.