306 airbag light - Dave Croker
There has been the occasionl mention of the 306's airbag warning light staying on because of a break in the wiring to the seat belt pre-tensioner under the drivers seat. This seems to be true because moving the seat can cure/cause the problem, so I removed the seat and stripped out the wiring and put a circuit tester on it but could not find any breaks at all, not even in the 2 pin connector under the seat. Now it's all back together I still have the intermittent problem, but not as bad as before, so does any one out there know exactly where the break in the wiring is? I wonder if it is in the pre-tensioner and not the 2 core wire or connector. Why do I keep moving the seat I hear you ask, the reason is that we share the car and our legs are not the same size!
306 airbag light - Robin the Technician
The problem is with the connector itself. You need to cut it off and then re-join (with soldering) the wires. This will of course make it difficult to remove the seat in future but then, how often should you need to unbolt the complete seat?? I have done a few of these now and every repair has been a success.

These are the views of Robin the Technician with 35 years in the trade. I fix, therefore I am...
306 airbag light - Dynamic Dave
Could the connector not be replaced with one of a different type, or even using bullet connectors maybe?
One would have thought so, but according to Peugeots technical bulletin, removal is the thing. It's up to you- you could probably use plugs of a different manufacture and find the job's a fix. I'm only passing on the fix i know works- if your alternative method of repair works, then let everyone know.

These are the views of Robin the Technician with 35 years in the trade. I fix, therefore I am...
306 airbag light - Dynamic Dave
I was only speaking hypothetically as I don't own a Pug. I was just thinking along the lines of if the seat ever had to come out, it would be a darn site easier with some kind of replacement connector than if it were hard wired into the loom.
306 airbag light - jud
However it is done, ideally only the wire should be the part that moves, and ideally the wires should as flexible as possible, multistrand wire.
Moving connectors will always be a point of weakness.
Nuff said......

306 airbag light - AR-CoolC
As it happens I've just been on a training course on air bags.

The wiring ing the system should NEVER be cut, soldered, or altered in any way. All systems do a self check every time the ignition is turned on, thats why the light on the dash stays on for a little while after switching on your ignition. This self check (in very basic terms ) works by sending out a signal to all the air bags and sensors in a loop and cheacking the returning signal to see if it is within the set parameters. Cutting and soldering wires WILL alter the resistance in that area and may be enough to set the whole system into fault mode. This would reqire the whole system being checked, repaired (if required) and reset by a dealer.

Not cheap.

Take your car to a dealer or reputable auto electrician and get it sorted profesionaly.
306 airbag light - Dave Croker
As I said in my question I HAVE allready cut and soldered the wire, and at the moment all is well. When it stops raining I intend to again remove the seat and get rid of the connector as this seems to be the cause of the problem, I'll let you know how I get on.
Of course all is well... it's what the Dealer is instructed to do from the manufacturer. As per the comments by others here, I offer advice based upon my expertise and ensure that what i say is sound. In This case, the instructions are taken from Peugeots technical bulletin on the subject. I would assume they know what they are talking about.