Honda Jazz 1.4 CVT - acceleration noise - Brownisnice

I have very recently bought a Honda Jazz 1.4 CVT and I'm just getting used to the noises it makes.
Overall, the engine seems very quiet. However, I have noticed a different noise when accelerating. I've been thinking about how best to describe it. Maybe a bit like the sound of hot water going through a radiator at home, a sort of tinkling shhing sound. It does not make this sound in N, only D and I can't hear it in S, possibly as the engine is noisier? This is with all aircon / fans etc off, and it doesn't go away once the engine warms up.
It sounds as though it's coming from towards the left of the engine bay.
Is it normal?
Thanks

Edited by Brownisnice on 11/02/2019 at 20:26

Honda Jazz 1.4 CVT - acceleration noise - Surreydriver

I drive my wifes 54 plate Jazz occasionally and it makes all sorts of noises esp in low temperatures and when the engine is cold. I would suggest you do a full service - I found the spark plugs were probably the originals despite a FHSH when I first went under the bonnet. The CVT fluid will also likely need changing too. Nice car and goes ok if you use the paddles rather than leave it in "standard" mode. Longest we have owned a powered vehicle and dreading replacing it.

Honda Jazz 1.4 CVT - acceleration noise - madf

Sounds like: the cooling system is underfilled and air bubbles are being transported around the cooling system. Check the coolant level with a cold engine.

Check the CVT oil level.

You did not say the age.

I drive a 2012 jazz CVT and don't have those noises you describe..