Any - Rat proof floor drain plugs - edlithgow

OK, makes me clean the car, but I don't like rats and I'm tired of accomodating them.

Made plugs from 2 flattened beercan base disks with a matched pair of holes, joined with a ring of USB cable tied with a reef knot.

Seems OK, assuming they aren't very motivated (there's no food in the car) but the spare wheel-well drain (the biggest and most likely point of entry) previously had a rope through it securing the spare wheel to the rear towing eye, so now no spare wheel, which is a bit too modern for my liking.

Original securing gear (probably a threaded rod into one of the lug holes on the wheel) is missing and might be difficult to replace, though that'd probably be optimal.

Cant offhand think of an arrangement that'd easily accomodate a rope.

Maybe I could use heavy rubber sheeting which should'nt chafe it and is probably rat-proof enough.

Or keep the metal but add a grommet.

Any - Rat proof floor drain plugs - Bolt

OK, makes me clean the car, but I don't like rats and I'm tired of accomodating them.

Made plugs from 2 flattened beercan base disks with a matched pair of holes, joined with a ring of USB cable tied with a reef knot.

Seems OK, assuming they aren't very motivated (there's no food in the car) but the spare wheel-well drain (the biggest and most likely point of entry) previously had a rope through it securing the spare wheel to the rear towing eye, so now no spare wheel, which is a bit too modern for my liking.

Original securing gear (probably a threaded rod into one of the lug holes on the wheel) is missing and might be difficult to replace, though that'd probably be optimal.

Cant offhand think of an arrangement that'd easily accomodate a rope.

Maybe I could use heavy rubber sheeting which should'nt chafe it and is probably rat-proof enough.

Or keep the metal but add a grommet.

I would keep the metal and add a grommet, but that's me...rats have a tendency to gnaw and eat anything they can get through when they get the chance.

I know someone who did keep a Ford Corsair in the garden next to a wooded area, the inside was actually very clean until a couple of years ago when the rats found it, not a lot they left in one piece, so he sold it not realising the floor pan had dropped to ground and the rats got behind the dash as well, its gone now but he had to pay for it to be removed which was more difficult than was expected.

Any - Rat proof floor drain plugs - edlithgow

I'm now thinking use Dexion (doubled if necessary) under the boot floor and across the wheel centre, linked with threaded rod. Should be strong enough and avoids any rope chafe worries.

I had some, but I think I might have been nagged into throwing it out........:(