Ford Focus 2003 Zetec Auto - Insuring more than 1 vehicle - bluenun

I have just changed providers and taken out new annual car insurance and used my 9 years NCB.

I have just looked on compare the market and found out my NCB can only be used on 1 vehicle, if I buy an additional car I cannot use my NCB.

I live alone and cannot use another name on the policy.

For those of you with more than 1 vehicle how do you get around this?

Ford Focus 2003 Zetec Auto - Insuring more than 1 vehicle - RT

I have just changed providers and taken out new annual car insurance and used my 9 years NCB.

I have just looked on compare the market and found out my NCB can only be used on 1 vehicle, if I buy an additional car I cannot use my NCB.

I live alone and cannot use another name on the policy.

For those of you with more than 1 vehicle how do you get around this?

You can't - the NCD only applies to 1 vehicle - when you buy/insure an extra vehicle you'll start aquiring NCD years - You'll probably get around 30% "introductory" offer for the first year.

Obviously you need the lower grouped vehicle on the new policy.

Check out those insuers who do "multi-car" insurance.

Thank-you for the information.

I have already taken out insurance on the lower group car.

I have not bought the other car which is a higher group, just looking at how much insurance would cost me. It is £142 more without any NCD.

Ford Focus 2003 Zetec Auto - Insuring more than 1 vehicle - carl233

I had 18 years NCB when I purchased the second car the existing insurer at the time AXA offered me complementary 'free' 10 years NCB on the second vehicle. They make the rules up as they go along. Insurance is a dirty industry.

Edited by carl233 on 23/01/2019 at 20:00

Ford Focus 2003 Zetec Auto - Insuring more than 1 vehicle - veloceman
Yes, very unpredictable. I have a car on a classic policy I have had companies match my NCD when touting for business but comes renewal it goes sky high.
Ford Focus 2003 Zetec Auto - Insuring more than 1 vehicle - Avant

Send All Grannies Away did the same for me as AXA did for Carl. It may be a dirty industry but let's take advantage of something if we're offered it.

Generally, I've found SAGA very helpful, not least because it doesn't take long to speak to a human being.

Ford Focus 2003 Zetec Auto - Insuring more than 1 vehicle - Galaxy

I was asking LV a couple of years ago about how I'd stand for NCB in the event of my buying a second car.

They told me that I'd get the same NCB on the second car as I did on my first! Mind you, I've been with LV for years! (20?)

Very interesting, you live and learn.

Thanks for you posts.