Nissan Qashqai 2013 1.6 Diesel (start stop) - Car Battery Advice - Michelle Sheppard

Hi Everyone,

I am completely new to car mechanics and always trusted the garages advice over the years but I wanted to get a second opinion before I decide what to do.

I need a new battery and the garage has quoted £190 pounds. I have looked online and found this website www.eurocarparts.com- put in my registration and the battery they advice is this one ( I have a 45% discount so it works out just over £100)

www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Nissan_Qashqai_1.6_2013...8

The only issue is that the details do not match the current battery in my car.

80ah (rated capacity) 780a (Cca) d26 (Jis)

I am no expert but do they have to be the same, if not would the battery be sufficient?

Thank you

Michelle.

Nissan Qashqai 2013 1.6 Diesel (start stop) - Car Battery Advice - elekie&a/c doctor
It is important that battery specification is similar or exceeds what you have fitted already. More so if the car has stop/start fitted. Stick with a known brand. Exide, Bosch,etc. I would not recommend any Lion branded battery.
Nissan Qashqai 2013 1.6 Diesel (start stop) - Car Battery Advice - gordonbennet
It is important that battery specification is similar or exceeds what you have fitted already. More so if the car has stop/start fitted. Stick with a known brand. Exide, Bosch,etc. I would not recommend any Lion branded battery.

I agree about known good makes, personally had good service from Yuasa batteries, having first encountered them on my first Landcruiser, they didn't die at end of life either just the engine was getting slightly slower turning over in the morning, so no sudden failures to proceed.

Elek Doc, could i ask you a question here please.

New batteries for these stop/start cars are a scandalous price, fear not i have no intention of ever buying a car modern enough to have such a pointless fitment, but the question is...if one were to buy such a car and one made it a point to disable stop/start every time (or get it programmed out if poss), could a normal battery suitable for the vehicle be used instead, or does it have to be a trick battery due to the charging systems used?

Nissan Qashqai 2013 1.6 Diesel (start stop) - Car Battery Advice - elekie&a/c doctor
Charging starting and battery power management systems are far too complex. Not too sure what would be affected by fitting the wrong battery, but more info here:pmmonline.co.uk/technical/stop-start-battery-techn.../

Many thanks for that Elek Doc, i'm now even more convinced of keeping our mid noughties Japanese cars going as long as possible than i was before, no programming or other issues just sling a good quality battery (or two as on one of them) on when the old one is past it's prime.

Nissan Qashqai 2013 1.6 Diesel (start stop) - Car Battery Advice - Michelle Sheppard

Thank you for this valuable information and such a quick response. I will go with the garage ??

I'm not sure why those question mark come up. I put a smilie face there. Ha

Hi, I don't suppose you know of any good website to buy batteries at a competitive price. I am really Struggling to find anywhere.

Thank you

Michelle

I've had good service from Batterymegastore (helpful), and lots of people use Tayna though i haven't personally, but worth messaging them so they know exactly what you are replacing, the drop down menus may not have the stop start versions because OE batteries on a car as new as yours really shouldn't yet be failing, so they may not be fully up to current spec on the menu.

However do ask at the main dealer, or even ring around a couple of main dealers, especially rural area dealers ( though probably not in the Cotswolds) tend to be a bit more realistic about pricing, because it's possible that the car's ecu will need to be told about its new battery....Toyota supply batteries for near enough the same price as the factors, and you know it will be the right one, no harm in seeing if Nissan have a similar sensible outlook...obviously you want an all incl supply and fitted price.

Things have moved on and it might not be simply the case of chucking a new battery on and away you go.

Edited by gordonbennet on 07/01/2019 at 11:31

Nissan Qashqai 2013 1.6 Diesel (start stop) - Car Battery Advice - VW & Seat owner

Buy from Tayna, best prices about

Nissan Qashqai 2013 1.6 Diesel (start stop) - Car Battery Advice - kiss (keep it simple)

Start/stop batteries tend to be AGM (absorbent glass mat) type. It will say this on the battery. They are designed to take more punishment that so-called flooded types. The Lion one in your link is a flooded type which is not a direct replacement. As far as I know the charging requirements for the 2 types are quite different, so fitting the wrong one is sure to give you problems after a while. As others have stated it might be necessary to re-program the charging system's computer; certainly BMW will charge a hefty sum to do this on their cars! Have a look in the manual to see what is necessary.

Nissan Qashqai 2013 1.6 Diesel (start stop) - Car Battery Advice - waynesmith

Hey Michelle,

i would like you to tell that the battery will not be sufficient and i have read a guide and after reading the guide i recommend you to go for ACDelco ACDB24R Advantage AGM Automotive because it will be good for you.

Also one of my friend has wrote a article on car batteries and he has mention all the details along with the comparisn table and prices, so i hope after reading the article your doubts will got cleared.

Thankyou!