Peugeot 207 SW - Electrical problem - dashboard side light warning - Angela Hart

Hi

I have some strange problems with my electrics. I bought the car second hand from a main dealer about 4 months ago. I noticed lots of packs of bulbs in the storage space and thought nothing of it, not sure if it's related.

The problems are, (these things were fine at first)

• The dashboard side light on notification doesn't light when the lights are turned on, I'm convinced there was one before??
  • The visual display doesn't show the MPG etc but instead says a phone isn't connected. I can see the MPG info if I press the end of the stalk but it's in a floating menu
  • The number plate lights aren't working

Also when I press the door key to unlock it, it unlocks fine and the lights flash, but if I subsequently press it, it doesn't flash the lights. I'm not sure if it's meant to but thought my old one did I thought.

I think the side lights works but the headlamps seem very dim, but perhaps that's me

Any ideas of what I should do please?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Angela

Edited by Angela Hart on 26/12/2018 at 22:04

Peugeot 207 SW - Electrical problem - dashboard side light warning - elekie&a/c doctor
I would take it back to the dealer. You are still within your 6 month statutory warranty period. It may be just bulb problems ( not unusual on these), on the other hand it may not be.
Peugeot 207 SW - Electrical problem - dashboard side light warning - Angela Hart

Thank you! I will go and see but am expecting them to not be helpful! I also realised there isn't a problem with the radio display!

Edited by Angela Hart on 27/12/2018 at 13:02

Peugeot 207 SW - Electrical problem - dashboard side light warning - Andrew-T

Numberplate lamp not working - MoT fail, so the car is technically 'unroadworthy'. Garage should fix it.

My 207SW flashes once for locking, several times unlocking - but clearly if the doors are already unlocked it won't flash again. But if you 'Lock' twice, that operates a deadlock so you get another flash.

Peugeot 207 SW - Electrical problem - dashboard side light warning - Gibbo_Wirral

207s can suffer with poor earth cables, that could be blowing the bulbs.

If the previous owner wasn't a regular on the Pug forums he probably wouldn't know this and would just be throwing new bulbs at the problem.