Vauxhall Corsa - Corsa cutting out in 2nd gear - Kayleigh duffie
On Saturday night I was driving my car and it started smoking I drove through a puddle so I thought t was the heat from my breaks being warm and the water being cold. There was a smell of burning through the car but no engine lights came on. I checked the oil and coolant etc that night and everything was abolsutley fine. I didn't use the car on Sunday and my partner was driving it on Monday. As he's going in to second gear sometimes the car just cuts out all of the lights go out and the car just stops as if it has been stalled but it hasn't. There is no engine lights we've ran a diagnostics through it but there's nothing showing up. It's a 2011 corsa 1.4 (it's the higher of the 1.4 I can't remember the cc exactly). I was wondering if anyone could give me any idea of what it might be before it goes into the garage.
Vauxhall Corsa - Corsa cutting out in 2nd gear - blindspot

i think it might need a vauxhall software adjustment upgrade, or just learn to keep the revs up in 2nd

Vauxhall Corsa - Corsa cutting out in 2nd gear - SLO76
First thought on one of these would be EGR valve but I’d expect a warning light. Has it had a lifetime of cheap supermarket fuel? Give it some Redex and some decent fuel then give it an Italian tune up down the bypass. But then I’m no mechanic. Cheap fix if it works though...

Edited by SLO76 on 11/12/2018 at 20:16

Vauxhall Corsa - Corsa cutting out in 2nd gear - focussed

"As he's going in to second gear sometimes the car just cuts out all of the lights go out and the car just stops as if it has been stalled but it hasn't"

I would be looking at the old favourite simple things first - battery positive connections and negatives to body and engine block clean and tight before getting into complicated stuff.