Vauxhall Vectra - 1.8 petrol engine problems - A Knapp

Hi,

My 10yr old Vectra has been showing a warning light on the dashboard, It is the engine electronic one. The handbook says that turning the engine on and off can sometimes fix it.

It didn't with me. I took it to the very good family garage that does our car work and they found a fault code POO14 relating to the exhaust cam. Apparently this can be problematic to solve.

The quick way of perhaps fixing it is to fit a solenoid valve. This is reasonably cheap so I agreed. Of course. me being unlucky with car matters, it didn't work. Now I couldn't follow what might have to be done to effect a permanent repair, let alone what it may cost, so I would really appreciate some sound and positive advice on this matter.

It may be that I would have to cnsider trading the car in , or something. But I don't really want to have to do this. The car runs well, otherwise, has been serviced properly and regularly, and is in very good condition all round. By the way, the mechanic tested the head gasket which is fine.

Regards

Vauxhall Vectra - 1.8 petrol engine problems - hardway

That's the code for the cam solenoid.

If it was faulty a new one ought to have fixed it.

Has you garage checked to output TO the solenoid?

Vauxhall Vectra - 1.8 petrol engine problems - A Knapp

I dunno. I'll have to pop down there tomorrow and ask.

Thanks for your reply

Vauxhall Vectra - 1.8 petrol engine problems - elekie&a/c doctor

You are probably going to need a pair of cam variator sprockets and a cambelt kit and waterpump.Parts alone are around £300 Possibly not worth doing. Also,make sure the correct grade engine oil has been filled,as the system works on oil pressure.