Renault Kwid - Planning to buy a Small Car - Shurti Sharma

From last many days, I am searching about kwid because I am planning to buy a new car.

Personally, I love this car, I love its interior, its style.

But still, I am confused that is this worth buying. I just need your suggestions guys. Please suggest me. Below I shared a link where I usually check out all the specifications of Kwid.

Link: autoportal.com/newcars/renault/kwid/

Renault Kwid - Planning to buy a Small Car - Avant

This model isn't on sale in the UK, where most of us on here are based, so I'm afraid we can't help you.

Renault Kwid - Planning to buy a Small Car - badbusdriver

I remember reading a feature in Autocar (i think) magazine following the exploits of a group of Indian motoring journalists who drove a Kwid from India to Paris, and by all accounts the car exceeded all expectations. It is a very cheap and basic car which is designed to offer as much for its price as is possible. And going by what i have read about it, it succeeds in this admirably. Being such a basic car with a basic and simple mechanical specification (n/a, 3 cyl, 799cc, 53bhp, 5 speed manual gearbox), there is not really much to go wrong and while the quality of the interior trim is likely to be of the hard and shiny variety, this is entirely in keeping with its bargain basement price. Also worth noting is that on an Indian motoring website (cardekho.com) the Kwid scores 4 out of 5 for 266 reviews, which while not exceptional, is not too bad either.

The problem preventing (most) forum members being able to help you is that they won't have much clue (a) what the Kwid is, and (b) what alternatives there are for you in India (I'm assuming this is where you are, apologies if it isn't).

But, despite not knowing a great deal about the Kwid, going by what i have read, i think it should be a good little car, so long as your expectations are not too high. There is a possibility that it may come to the UK badged as a Dacia and i'd certainly be interested in one if i needed a cheap, no nonsense little runabout.

Renault Kwid - Planning to buy a Small Car - Gibbo_Wirral

Is it me or are car names getting worse?

Renault Kwid - Planning to buy a Small Car - Leif

It's not you, they are bad. However, there has been worse:

Mitsubishi Lettuce

Mazda Titan Dump

Ford Probe

Renault Wind

Subaru BRAT

Toyota Estima Lucida G Luxury Joyful Canopy

Studebaker Dictator

Fancy owning a Titan Dump. :) The Ford Probe in brown was a favourite with proctologists.

See here:

mycarneedsa.com/blog/nameyourcarday-the-worst-name...r

Edited by Leif on 03/08/2018 at 14:27

Renault Kwid - Planning to buy a Small Car - oldroverboy.

Perhaps you cold get it serviced at Kwik Fit, or get your finance from Kwick Kwid... or if it doesn't suit you, you could kwikly replace it...

(sorry)

Renault Kwid - Planning to buy a Small Car - TheGentlemanThug

Don't forget the Toyota Urban Cruiser.

Renault Kwid - Planning to buy a Small Car - badbusdriver

I like the name Kwid, it makes me think of a small amount of money, and this car is very cheap (i believe the equivalent of about £3k), so to me, Kwid is fine. Also, while i like the name for the above reason, you need to bear in mind this is an Indian car designed with the Indian market in mind, so while Kwid might seem an odd, silly or pointless name to you, it may mean something in it's home market.

The name Nova for Vauxhall's 80's - 90's supermini might be absolutely fine for you and me, but in (i think) Spanish speaking countries, it means something entirely different and rather rude.

Renault Kwid - Planning to buy a Small Car - oldroverboy.

I like the name Kwid, it makes me think of a small amount of money, and this car is very cheap (i believe the equivalent of about £3k), so to me, Kwid is fine. Also, while i like the name for the above reason, you need to bear in mind this is an Indian car designed with the Indian market in mind, so while Kwid might seem an odd, silly or pointless name to you, it may mean something in it's home market.

The name Nova for Vauxhall's 80's - 90's supermini might be absolutely fine for you and me, but in (i think) Spanish speaking countries, it means something entirely different and rather rude.

I think in sanish it means doesn't go to be polite, constipated not so polite, and full of.. **** when rude.

Of course there was the ford Pinto...

Renault Kwid - Planning to buy a Small Car - bathtub tom

Not forgetting the Mazda Tipee Bongo.

Renault Kwid - Planning to buy a Small Car - Leif

Not forgetting the Mazda Tipee Bongo.

Mazda Tippee Bongo. Marvelous, I'd love to have one just for the name ...

As is well known, the Mazda MR2 is known as Mazda MR in France as MR2 is phonetically close to number twos in French.

Renault Kwid - Planning to buy a Small Car - ExA35Owner

I've been waiting for the folllow-up in the Dacia range - after the Duster do we get the Mop?

Renault Kwid - Planning to buy a Small Car - diddy1234

well there is the stepway - segway - step-a-away

(good car btw)

Renault Kwid - Planning to buy a Small Car - expat

I think in sanish it means doesn't go to be polite, constipated not so polite, and full of.. **** when rude.

Of course there was the ford Pinto...

The Mitsubishi Pajero meant self abuser in Spanish.

Renault Kwid - Planning to buy a Small Car - Brit_in_Germany

The latest one along those lines is the Audi Etron for those who know their French.

Renault Kwid - Planning to buy a Small Car - Rumfitt

Surprised the Nissan Cedric hasn't already been mentioned. Who could fail to smile at a car called Cedric?

My favourite is the Proton Jumbuck - onomatapoeic or what!

Renault Kwid - Planning to buy a Small Car - Graham567

Isn't there an Audi Partner and an Audi Doody? :-)