Volkswagen - Serious oil leak - previously experienced? - freaknout

Hi all

Our car is experiencing a potentially serious oil leak and I've spotted that an owner of the same model has experienced a seemingly similar issue. It's reported as a "what to look out for" in the summary review for the car.

It appears that in their case the manufacturer made a contribution to fix the issue. It's an engine out job and I understand a part/section of the engine that's been "sealed for life" hence the cost and I suppose the contribution.

We are beside ourselves to be honest and would love to be able to get in touch with the person who left the feedback or the person from Honest John who manages the feedback in an attempt to see whether the problem is in fact similar. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Kind regards J

Volkswagen - Serious oil leak - previously experienced? - badbusdriver

It does not answer your question, but what i would do is google your make and model followed by oil leak. This may give you an idea how wide spread the problem is and hopefully let you contact others in the same boat.

I'm assuming the car's warranty has expired?

Also may be worth posting the question in the 'technical matters' section.

Volkswagen - Serious oil leak - previously experienced? - skidpan

Volkswagen have made many millions of cars over the years. Perhaps if you gave us a clue as to the year, model and engine, mileage it would help people answer.

Volkswagen - Serious oil leak - previously experienced? - RobJP

VW making a contribution or not may have been dependent on any number of factors :

How old the car was. What the mileage was. If the car had full VW service history ...

The devil is, as always, in the details. And details are precisely what your post is lacking in.