Ford Mondeo Estate - Heated washer jets loom fault - Englishbullterrier

Wonder if anyone can help. I'm in Latvia at present and yesterday, upon starting my Mk III Mondeo TDCI, smoke issued from the bonnet, close to the windscreen.

Upon inspection, it appears the loom for the heated washer jets has burnt out.

Wonder if anyone can copy that part of the circuit diagram for me, so I can rewire it when I've ascertained which jet/s need replacing, if any. Could have just been a short to ground though.

Would like to know if they're wired from a single feed plug, ( 2 wire) and how they're wired from their.

Don't have any washers either yet as the short caused one of the water tubes to melt ;-)

Thanks in advance.

ebt..................

Ford Mondeo Estate - Heated washer jets loom fault - elekie&a/c doctor
Remove the wiper arms and plastic lower windscreen panels.There should be a 2 pin connector located here.Follow the wiring which runs down bonnet hinge.Does the rear wash work,if not there may be a blown fuse.One pump does both front and rear wash.

Ah, that's good to hear elekie, the rear windshield washer is working fine, so no fuse blown (for the washer circuit anyway). Probably dumping washer fluid when I tried the front.

Do you know if there's a separate fuse for the heated jet circuit ? If so, I'm surprised it didn't blow. I might need to know the fuse number/location for when I've replaced the harness.

Do you know if the two jets are wired from the same single supply (in parallel) or if one is fed first and then the loom carried on to the other jet ?

Many thanks for your remote help :-)

ebt................

Ford Mondeo Estate - Heated washer jets loom fault - elekie&a/c doctor
They will be connected in parallel but not sure where the joint will be.My guess would be you will need to fabricate another wiring section.Unlikely to buy a new wiring part for a car this old. (Poss s/hand).Not sure if there is an independent fuse for this circuit.

Many thanks elecie.........