VW Golf 1.6td se DSG 2013 - Cold Start issues - privateinvestor

My cold start stays on too long in cold weather. I have no problem in starting the car, but even when the temp gauge is moving up smartly and to the centre, it seems the car is on a fast idle at 1000 rpm at idle, off cold start its at circa 800rpm. Even the stop-start refuses to disengage the cold start, yet when I manually with key turn off and on it cuts out the cold start.

This I observed when it is around 3c or lower. otherwise, car runs fine, 55mpg on a run, no misfires or hesitations of any sort. Does the cold start activate the DPF?

Car runs on a diet of ASDA, Sainsbury's, BP, Shell and ESSO.

OIl is changed every 7-8k, using VW Quantum: 5w30 Long Life.

Thanks for any replies.

Edited by privateinvestor on 20/03/2018 at 15:53

VW Golf 1.6td se DSG 2013 - Cold Start issues - elekie&a/c doctor
When the engine is cold ,the idle speed increases slightly.This will also happen if the engine is running through a dpf regen process.During this cycle the stop/start will not operate.If no warning lights are showing,there is probably no issue.
VW Golf 1.6td se DSG 2013 - Cold Start issues - gordonbennet

Is there some sort of additional heating device fitted to put heat into the cabin quickly on cold mornings, it could be automatic or maybe a switch on the dash to engage such a thing?

I ask because my Landcruiser has this device, its operated by a switch on the dash which also increases the tickover to about 1200 rpm until warm (and self cancels) or until you engage gear, if the switch is left on this system engages immediately upon a cold restart.

VW Golf 1.6td se DSG 2013 - Cold Start issues - privateinvestor

Today, it was 10c in temp, though due to direct sunlight it was at first reading 14c. I started the car and almost no cold start raised rpm was evident.