Ford Probe part needed - Robin the Technician
My son has a part missing from the interior of his Ford Probe. It's part of the centre console at the very rear. Its horseshoe shaped, and fits above the ashtray (its black). Ford tell us its obsolete but as yet we've not been successful locating one. If you are scrapping or know of a scrappy who's got one PLEASE let me know.
Please don't guide me to the owners club- you have to pay to be a member to even get a look at technical issues. I am looking for the cheapest option- not to join the club to get info I want.
Ford Probe part needed - henry k
If you have not tried it
A Google search with "ford probe " spares
This offers some 300 hits with a few that might help else try the USA as a sourse of parts.
Good Luck
Ford Probe part needed - Robin the Technician
Thanks for the suggestion. I did look at google and I have to say about 98% was poor!!! Still, you can live in hope. I\'m sure SOMEONE out there can say... \'There\'s one in my local scrapyard at... and here\'s the phone number\'.
Ford Probe part needed - smokie
Some time back I used a number from Yellow Pages which was a £1 a minute premium number. I wanted some bits for my Omega. Within about 2 hours I had three places call me offering the parts, and a few more called later during the day. The call probably cost me a fiver but was well worth it. I guess they fax round a chain of scrappies nationwide who then respond according to whether they have the part in question.
Ford Probe part needed - Trisha TR
It is worth looking at the 'forum' (and posting on there) of the owners club, and asking about the bit you need. You don't have to part with any dosh for this service and there's plenty of helpful peeps on there who may be able to assist.

I'm not a club official but did join the club, eventually, as £12 was a pittance and felt guily after all the free advice they gave.